Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Would like your input on my new 748 BETA lighting

The 748 is a wonderful aircraft, but personally I don't like the panel lighting that dates back to the NG though it is a lot better than the NG its still not state of the art. So am learning to make my own with Spotlights.

I would like any feedback to add to, or make what you see better. Please feel free to contribute to make this work better.

All the lighting can be adjusted in intensity to your own liking. none is just fixed amount unlike the default dome 2 stage. 

Here is my default VC with default dome light ON.

Dome-Default.jpg

Here is the new same view

DomeNEW.jpg

Here the full VC with default Dome

Dome2-Default.jpg

And the new

Dome2-NEW.jpg

MCP Default Look at this full screen.

Default-MCP-close-up-Default.jpg

New lighting

MCP-New-CLose-up.jpg

Default Radio

radio-panal-Default.jpg

New

Radio-NEW.jpg

The same with new Reading lights ON

Radio-and-reading-lights-NEW.jpg

Last one showing how the over head looks with new Dome lights

overhead-new.jpg

So there you go, need to add map lights etc but please feel free to add comments how it all could get better.

BTW even with all the lights on and on 100 brightness there is NO FPS hit, none. Just stunning lights coming from a true light source.

All these are done with white lights the colour can be changed. When finished i will ofc share this for anyone who would like to use it. All you would need is the free FSL Spotlight program.

I hope you like it as much as I do. 

• Like 10

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thank's for bring this up, why I didn play before with this wonderful tool.

Defenately more than happy to get better light in VC, the MCP is much real this way, maybe the overhead in yours still dark.

You can really enjoy texture in another dimension in night flight.

Look forward to see color version for fun.

I start to play my self, add some color and is really enhanced the feeling, I will invite some hostess for a night party 🙂

CZcpd2w.png

Edited by simbio

You can play even externally, it's good for photo shooting :

DWxeZu1.png

Edited by simbio
  • Upvote 1

I would love to have your lighting settings for FSL Spotlights.  They look so much better.

Bob

Edited by Jim Young

Please publish quickly, yours is much better. Now I must have before my next flight on Friday. 

Eric 

Tonight I will add

Front panel lights.

Rear cabin flood light.

Side map lights.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

21 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Tonight I will add

Front panel lights.

Rear cabin flood light.

Side map lights.

Never used the spotlight feature outside what FSL did with the bus. Looking good David. Need advise hos to install later. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Looks great Dave,

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

OK...update, a few more hours spend looking at photos have lead me to rework the dome lights. The light was hitting do much of the upfront panel and i've added ambient lighting to the overhead. Also I've added the Entry dome light.

New-Dome-light.jpg

Over-head-with-new-light.jpg

Entery-Light.jpg

Reworked the Reading lights

Full view

Reading-lights-Full-VC.jpg

My Default VC view with reading lights only

Reading-lights.jpg

Looking down reading lights only

Reading-lights2.jpg

Added Chart light

Chart-light.jpg

Hoping I've done?

What do you think?

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

Just release that thing ffs!!! 😄

It looks amazing David, cant wait to try it out

• Like 1