Sign in to follow this  

Stick Shaker On T/O - MAYDAY!

Anyone else had it?

Had it tonight. Took off in very pleasant METAR. Climbed 1000 AGL - suddenly Stick Shaker - wouldn't shut off - even though we levelled and saw IAS exceed 220. Flaps Up, Gear Up, Everything stowed and clean as a whistle.

Back on the ground after an Emergency Landing - all well but shocked and pee'd off - expensive clients aboard!

I call BUG! Anyone else? (We did the Rotary Warning/ Test as part of the Pre-Flight.)

Did you run the  Aural Tests before you took off? Only time ive ever had the stick shaker activation happen was when i did that. If this is the case for you when it happens again just turn the test knob back to the stall/stick shaker test position.  That should shut it up.  This is not the only Carenado aircraft i have observed this odd behavior with.

To avoid this happening again, when you initially run the aural tests dont turn the knob to the stall/stick shaker test position.

Jevon