Sign in to follow this  
AKflightsimmer

The Signature photo, a question.

New here and I am trying to get the jist of how to post a small photo in my signature. Searched everywhere on here but cant find a direct answer, lots of info about posting regular pictures for people to view, but nothing that I can find about a small picture in the signature.I've read the rules, and see that a direct upload of a small reduced size .jpg picture is not allowed anymore like I have done over the years for adding to a signature,  and that pictures must be hosted somewhere else online with a direct link to them for posting, ok I can figure all that out, No problem.  My question though has to do with the size limitation that is in the signature rules. It says no picture bigger than  500 x 125 pixels ( not really sure just how visually big that is) to be allowed. Does that mean I need to reduce a picture down to that size before i upload it to a sharing site like google photos of some other, or can a regular size uploaded and saved picture be accessed through the url link and somehow added into your signature without resizing it 😕.  If the photos are hosted else where on line, I don't understand how the size of the photo would matter then, since it isn't stored here on an avsim server. I do understand that avsim doesn't want giant photos linked too, just because of the slow speed of downloading for people that would like to view them, totally understandable.  Just need a little help in getting a small picture to sit in your signature,  Sorry just a little bit confused about all this.      Thanks 

You can right click your image and click on properties and it will show you the pixels under the "Details" tab.  If it needs to be edited, I use Microsoft Paint (I do not believe Windows Photos will allow you to set the pixels.  It just allows you to adjust and crop).  In Windows 10, click on the search bar and type 'paint'.  Then you can drag and drop your image into the paste box and then go to resize and click on the pixels tab and change the pixels to 500x125.  Click save.  Upload to your favorite image hosting site and then link it to your signature.  There is no limit on the KB or MB size of the file.

I have to admit that working with images and uploading and hosting and placing them in your signature is sometimes difficult.  You do not do things like this everyday like shaving or brushing your teeth so it requires a lot of research and understanding of computers and uploading techniques, hosting, and then placing the image into your signature.  I have issues myself sometimes when doing something new involving computers and the Internet.  If you require further assistance or details, let us know and we'll help you get it done.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you very much for the quick reply, Jim!  I will go through all of these steps later today and get it figured out with your help.😊   I've been flying around Kodiak Is. Alaska all morning and can't shut it off, if you know what I mean. Touch and go, and more touch and go's,,,,,,,, LOL    Thanks

• Like 1

In the same type of question how do we add the banner in the signature ? I tried but I see no place where I can insert it. 

Here what I do :  I go to account settings, after signature, than I click on insert other media and there is the problem both of them doesn't work for me...

Tanks in advance for your precious time

Yuuki

Hopefully one of our members can help you as I have absolutely no idea how to install a banner.  I have heard that you go to the site where the banner is located and right click on the banner and then come back to your signature and place your cursor inside the signature box, right click, and then select paste.  Of course, you then have to save your signature.  I did some searching on Google and find the following link - https://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Forum-Signature.  Images on AVSIM must be hosted on another website and many of the people who provide banners for their products host the image for you.  You just need the link to the banner and then paste it in your signature.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I think I was totally successful adding a banner to my signature.  Right-click on banner image and choose copy.  Paste into your signature. 

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

For me it doesn't work... I created the banner, and I put the image so I can copy it, I tried to paste it but it doesn't work...

Edited by commandantyuuki
Real

Yuuki

19 hours ago, commandantyuuki said:

For me it doesn't work... I created the banner, and I put the image so I can copy it, I tried to paste it but it doesn't work...

What format is the banner you create, JPEG?  I used a JPEG image.  Now, as Jim has reminded me, you will have to use an image hosting site and get the "embedded" code to paste into your signature.  Sorry, I may have been a little misleading  about how it's done.  I will deny my self dessert tonight!  (Oh, yeah, like that's gonna happen):rolleyes:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On Microsoft's One Drive - https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/ you can upload photos, select the photo you want to embed and then click on embed.  It will then give you an embed link.  You copy the link and paste it into your signature space.  One Drive is just one option.  There are many image hosting websites.  I got One Drive for free as I have a subscription to Office 365.  The link will show you options if that is the way you want to go.  Google photos might have the option to host your photos for free too so you can get an embed code and embed the photos into your signature or in any post.

Submit News to AVSIM

Artillery!  Your welcome:happy:  ( I'm countering your tanks with artillery):blink:  Don't mind me, it's the turkey and stuffing talking.  It makes me crazy:wacko:

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

Looks fine!:happy:

Charlie Aron