Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

New install P3Dv4

Hello all,

Need a bit of advice here.  

I have just had a catestrophic SSD failure and of course it had to be my P3D standalone SSD.  I went to the P3D site and started my 12+ GB download and noticed that there is an option for a set-up download.  As I already have a P3Dv4.3 downloaded complete with a set up exe I am wondering what is the difference and is there any benefit to using the download set up system.

I have lots more questions too but will address them in the fullness of time.

Thanks for any information.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

23 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I have just had a catestrophic SSD failure and of course it had to be my P3D standalone SSD.

Hello Tony

You will mostly likely need an additional activation now,  Send an email to licensing@prepar3d.com with a very brief explanation of the reason you need your license reactivated, along with your license ID and invoice number, and you should be up and running in under two business days. Holidays and weekends are not Included.

After you send the email you should receive an Auto-responder reply,  This reply is to let you know your request has been received successfully,  Check your Trash and Spam box for this reply.  

23 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I went to the P3D site and started my 12+ GB download and noticed that there is an option for a set-up download.  As I already have a P3Dv4.3 downloaded complete with a set up exe I am wondering what is the difference and is there any benefit to using the download set up system.

Regarding the Individual Component Downloads section of your Prepar3D Account 

This is only relevant if you need this file  (Setup_Prepar3D.exe)     The option is there for users to download any additional files they require to complete a full Install package Or to update Prepar3D  

If you all ready have a complete Prepar3D v4.3 download you are good to go !  

Thanks Poppet,

I have just completed the activation and no contact with lockheed Martin required luckily or otherwise.  P3D has me baffled on so many fronts.

I will now start my ORBX installations and hopefully they will go smoothly.  All manually downloaded and not using FTX central for download as it is far to slow on my already slow internet.

Thanks for your help

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

have just completed the activation and no contact with lockheed Martin required luckily or otherwise

Yes of course my apologies,  The faulty SSD was not your Operating system so you are good to go   

Poppet,

Hey, dont beat yourself up on this one.  Your advice to all and sundry is invariably helpful and this case was no exception. I was prepared for the worst and it did not happen so I  was going to be happy either way.

Thanks again

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.