Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

P3D ILS Tower approache procs missing

All I am saying is that the approaches in FSX are not the same in Prep3D. When they logically should be as Prep3D was supposed to be the original airport files from FSX. I suppose the term small airports is a bit of a tickler but I have found no problems with the approaches of what I will term "The larger commercial airports".  I have already given the samples of Toledo and Helena airports for those that could be flown to confirm my findings you an also add Roanoke to the list.

As for online access to other systems, how would they deal with the time difference if I took off at say 12:00hrs AEST and flew from and American state.  I like others fly for the fun of it I'm not after the ultimate accurate flight sim experience. At 76 I won't be applying for my commercial pilot ticket any time soon. However, I draw the line at flying a VFR approach to an ILS equipped airport.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

13 hours ago, yellowjack said:

However, I draw the line at flying a VFR approach to an ILS equipped airport.

You can shoot the approach if you wish... just use the ATC in your head.  Real ATC is as accommodating as they can be, traffic permitting, to let you shoot an approach in VMC conditions, but you'd need to be on an ATC clearance so they can provide separation.

I remember my first trip into a North Dallas airport surrounded by suburban sprawl and I had no idea where to look for the airport so I asked for the approach... got vectors, intercepted final and hey there it is!  Useful tool under those conditions.  The default ATC and most addon ATC programs are just not smart enough to provide realistic service.  There are times where you just need to keep it simple and use the "ATC" between your ears.

Dan Downs KCRP

What I said was "However, I draw the line at flying a VFR approach to an ILS equipped airport." What I should have said was "However, I draw the line at flying a VFR approach to an ILS equipped airport in IFR conditions". 

I hope that makes more sense now..

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.