Sign in to follow this  

4 hours ago, pmanhart said:

I think you are confusing what the manual is describing. It's saying if you have the VKB pedals (which do not have a separate toe brake axis), you can use the joystick button as a way to mimic toe brake pedals.

As with ALL joysticks/yokes/etc. that don't have an automatic profile built into your simulator, you have to manually assign the commands to the joystick/yoke/etc. button.

OK, do you know what X-Plane setting option to pick for brakes working exactly as Logitech or any other joystick? I selected "Hold Brakes Regular" no success, then selected "Toggle Brakes at Maximum" no success. Both options allowed me to apply brakes but it leaves as Parked. I mean, after applying brakes it doesn't release and simply park the plane. I have to gun trigger again to release the brakes prior throttle up. With Logitech I can apply brakes and stop the plane but not parked. If I want to park the plane from the Cabin I can use the Parking Brakes, not via joystick. See now? .....

Patricio Valdes

I'm unfamiliar with X-Plane, more of an FSX/ESP/P3D guy myself.

Here's what I would do:

1. Have both joysticks plugged in when you start XP.
  2. Go to the settings for the Logitech joystick and check what command is being sent by the trigger button
  3. Go to the Gladiator and apply that command to the trigger button.

I think that would solve your problem?

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

On 11/6/2018 at 2:29 PM, pmanhart said:

Hey trisho0,

Please do NOT use the Windows calibration to calibrate your Gladiator. I use a Gladiator MKII Pro with the MCG Pro grip, so I'm coming from experience.

You must use the utility provided by VKB to calibrate your joystick. The product page includes all the documentation and software required, available here: https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-sim-gladiator

If you are using the KG grip, you will need to download the WIZZO documentation and follow the directions for axis calibrations. You will need the WIZZO utility in order to do it. Don't worry, it's really easy to complete, and once it's done it's done forever unless you wipe the configuration from your Gladiator's onboard memory (which should never happen unless you are upgrading the firmware for a new grip such as the MCG).

After plugging it in, press both flaps buttons and the start button simultaneously. The LED will start flashing signifying it is in calibration mode. Move all axes (Pitch, Roll, Twist (if you have it) and throttle through their full range. Then press the trigger button. The joystick will restart and it is calibrated. No need to use software at all. It's already installed into the stick's eprom.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KellyR said:

After plugging it in, press both flaps buttons and the start button simultaneously. The LED will start flashing signifying it is in calibration mode. Move all axes (Pitch, Roll, Twist (if you have it) and throttle through their full range. Then press the trigger button. The joystick will restart and it is calibrated. No need to use software at all. It's already installed into the stick's eprom.

Thanks for your help but I think I got the KB Gladiator joystick working as I expected.

Keyboard assigned commands.

(Default)

fs9, FSX and P3Dv4:
Throttle Cut = F1 
Throttle decrease quickly = F2 
Spoiler Arm = Shift+/ 
Spoiler extend/retract = / 

I found ...

X-Plane 11:
Hold Thrust Reverse at Max = F1
Toggle Thrust Reversers = F2
SpeedBrakes Retract One = Shift+/
SpeedBrakes Toggle = /

So, the equivalent commands between fs9, FSX & P3Dv4 and X-Plane11 are as follow:

Throttle Cut = Hold Thrust Reverse at Max
Throttle decrease quickly = Toggle Thrust Reversers
Spoiler Arm = SpeedBrakes Retract One
Spoiler extend/retract = SpeedBrakes Toggle

Any better ideas?

Patricio Valdes