Sign in to follow this  
lewblok

ILS approach not centered on runway

In FSX, I was doing an ILS approach to KDFW 36L and broke out of overcast and was lined up to the left of the runway in a 737-800.  I cannot find anything about an offset localizer on the approach plate.  I think I am reading it correctly.  My question is this a problem with FSX?  If it is, can it be fixed by a novice with changing config settings.  While on here what can I do about disappearing aircraft with only wheels on tarmac or in VC buttons on cockpit instruments are not visible.  Thanks for any help!

Lew Block

26 minutes ago, lewblok said:

In FSX, I was doing an ILS approach to KDFW 36L and broke out of overcast and was lined up to the left of the runway in a 737-800.  I cannot find anything about an offset localizer on the approach plate.  I think I am reading it correctly.  My question is this a problem with FSX?  If it is, can it be fixed by a novice with changing config settings.  While on here what can I do about disappearing aircraft with only wheels on tarmac or in VC buttons on cockpit instruments are not visible.  Thanks for any help!

Lew Block

I fly KDFW regularly as it’s my home airport in  real life and in my sim. Flown 36L approaches many times without issue. 

Few questions. What version of KDFW are you using? Default, addon (FSDT version), or a modified ADE file?

What 737-800 are you using, PMDG, iFly or default?

I use the FSDT KDFW but haven’t flown into default in years, but the ILS is aligned perfectly in the FSDT version, can’t remeber if the default version has an issue or not.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

7 hours ago, lewblok said:

While on here what can I do about disappearing aircraft with only wheels on tarmac or in VC buttons on cockpit instruments are not visible.

Hi Lew,

Do you mean that the aircraft itself is not visible or the aircraft is visible but the wheels are sinking into the tarmac? If it is just a matter of wheels sinking into the tarmac at a particular airport, then it might be a case of duplicate AFCAD files for that airport.

You haven’t mentioned which aircraft you are using but with some addon aircraft, I have noticed that if you don’t open a default FSX aircraft first before selecting your addon aircraft, the external model and VC of the addon aircraft can have problems so that is something else to consider. If this doesn’t apply to you and the problems you are seeing are happening consistently then it might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the aircraft in question in case the installation has become corrupted.

Bill

I am flying the PMDG version and the scenery is Megascenery Earth and even had the offset problem landing at KDAL on either runway.  I also have the same problem at KAMA flying instrument  approaches with a Skymaster 337.My question is there a way to put these approaches back on centerline in the settings of FSX?  Thanks for the replies

Lewis

4 hours ago, lewblok said:

I am flying the PMDG version and the scenery is Megascenery Earth 

Megascenery Earh is only photoscenery, so I’ll assume your using the default FSX airports and not FSDT or another other versions.

4 hours ago, lewblok said:

even had the offset problem landing at KDAL on either runway.  I also have the same problem at KAMA flying instrument  approaches with a Skymaster 337.My question is there a way to put these approaches back on centerline in the settings of FSX?  Thanks for the replies

Lewis

Ok,  if this is happening at other airports then I think I know what it is and how to fix it as I’ve had the same happen to me.

What you’ll need to do is rebuild the FSX scenery indexes as they can cause this issue if they get corrupted. Attached is a link from the PMDG forum. Follow the instructions by “Tabs” on what to do. Below is the link and also a screen shot of his post. Try this and see if it works.

596A0A15-2B6F-4782-A773-0A25941F99AB.png

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator