Anyone know the thread size on standard cases for fan mounts.

I thought they were 4mm but apparently not:-(

3mm

Could be wrong. But just measured one in my handy little Phanteks box of screws.

Get em on Amazon for a couple of quid. 

Edited by martin-w

thanks martin

On 11/6/2018 at 3:33 PM, Dougal said:

thanks martin

Bringing this up again as, after getting some M3 nuts and machine screws, I've discovered the threads in the Corsair case are definitely NOT M3. The long, thin machine screws that go through the fans, and screw into the case, measure 3.4mm on the micrometer, and have a slightly courser thread pitch.  They're the same as some of the little brass stand-offs I have.

Could they be a 'BA' thread?

I need some small nuts for mounting the CPU pump/res combo, onto the screws that protrude into the case, AFTER mounting through the fans.

🙁 Dunno Dougal.

I know the link below is for M3 screws but maybe Watercooling UK have what you are looking for.

https://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Alphacool-NexXxos-fan-mounting-screw-M3-x-37-mm-4-pcs_53577.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzZqgvMnW3gIVq5ztCh0mHQ8ZEAQYASABEgLdUvD_BwE

Edit: Can you drill the devils out and use what you like/have?

Edited by martin-w

14 hours ago, Dougal said:

...measure 3.4mm on the micrometer, and have a slightly courser thread pitch.  They're the same as some of the little brass stand-offs I have.

Some useful info here... have you tried a 6-32 SAE machine screw in those holes?  3.4mm is the nominal finished thread diameter as a #6 SAE screw.  As I recollect there are 2 sizes of brass stand-offs; one is a standard 3mm thread and the other is 6-32.  I just checked a few of the latter using a thread gage, and they are definitely 6-32, which may also be identified as #6 UNC.

5 hours ago, lownslo said:

Some useful info here... have you tried a 6-32 SAE machine screw in those holes?  3.4mm is the nominal finished thread diameter as a #6 SAE screw.  As I recollect there are 2 sizes of brass stand-offs; one is a standard 3mm thread and the other is 6-32.  I just checked a few of the latter using a thread gage, and they are definitely 6-32, which may also be identified as #6 UNC.

brill thanks for that. Seems a bizarre thread for Corsair to use.