Sign in to follow this  
hasse29

CTD

Recently I get CTD after 5 minutes with PMDG 747. I have a clean installation and no addons installed. When I choose a plane from P3D, there's no problem. 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0xc3164c39
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000055299
Faulting process id: 0x4a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d475d86a6085d7
Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 6e4d7138-6ffe-4cbb-9f21-3170c23b3bb3
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
   at CINavigraph+<readAirportsAsync>d__56.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

10 minutes ago, hasse29 said:

Recently I get CTD after 5 minutes with PMDG 747

If behavior changes, then the cause is found in a change. What did you change on your system recently (NOTE! Keep in mind that Windows is constantly changing things in the background - drivers, settings, etc - and anti-virus programs are doing the same, too).

KERNELBASE errors aren't likely to be us. They point to lower level system instability. The reason you don't see the issue with default planes is that they don't really tax your system - graphically, or otherwise - so the instability isn't pushed over the limit.

AVSIM has a guide to walk you through sorting CTDs out (note the broad nature of the issue, and the guide not pointing to us as a cause) :

Kyle Rodgers

20 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

If behavior changes, then the cause is found in a change. What did you change on your system recently (NOTE! Keep in mind that Windows is constantly changing things in the background - drivers, settings, etc - and anti-virus programs are doing the same, too).

KERNELBASE errors aren't likely to be us. They point to lower level system instability. The reason you don't see the issue with default planes is that they don't really tax your system - graphically, or otherwise - so the instability isn't pushed over the limit.

AVSIM has a guide to walk you through sorting CTDs out (note the broad nature of the issue, and the guide not pointing to us as a cause) :

In this case it was actually you. All started when I run update for 747. For two days the issue kept on going, even then I installed it on a fresh system. Today it finally worked. Some updates actually came through today that wasn't there yesterday. But now it's solved.

3 hours ago, hasse29 said:

In this case it was actually you. All started when I run update for 747. For two days the issue kept on going, even then I installed it on a fresh system. Today it finally worked. Some updates actually came through today that wasn't there yesterday. But now it's solved.

Not sure what you mean. The last update we put out was at the end of September...so no, it wasn't us.

I'm hesitant to accept this as solved because there was no update between last night and today, so if it's suddenly working again, it's either coincidental, or it's still unsolved and may show up again.

Either way, again, it is incorrect to point the finger at the code in this case. KERNELBASE.dll errors, as you could tell from a simple google search, or looking at the guide I posted, are too broad and low level to be PMDG code.

Kyle Rodgers

3 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Not sure what you mean. The last update we put out was at the end of September...so no, it wasn't us.

I'm hesitant to accept this as solved because there was no update between last night and today, so if it's suddenly working again, it's either coincidental, or it's still unsolved and may show up again.

Either way, again, it is incorrect to point the finger at the code in this case. KERNELBASE.dll errors, as you could tell from a simple google search, or looking at the guide I posted, are too broad and low level to be PMDG code.

I know what you are saying. But all started after I updated PMDG and FSDT products. I tried to reinstall all things. Eventually I reinstalled to a fresh Win 10 and reinstalled P3D and 747-400 and -8. When I tried to update it, only a few small files was downloaded. But when I tried today, one file 200MB+ in size was downloaded. After that it worked. I had it running for two hours now without any issues. Before CTD arrived 5 minutes after I had started the simulation.

14 minutes ago, hasse29 said:

I know what you are saying. But all started after I updated PMDG and FSDT products. I tried to reinstall all things. Eventually I reinstalled to a fresh Win 10 and reinstalled P3D and 747-400 and -8. When I tried to update it, only a few small files was downloaded. But when I tried today, one file 200MB+ in size was downloaded. After that it worked. I had it running for two hours now without any issues. Before CTD arrived 5 minutes after I had started the simulation.

Glad it's working, but please be careful when pointing fingers like you did. Correlation is not necessarily causation. The types of changes you've recently made to your computer makes it quite impossible to cite any one specific thing as a cause, and again: kernelbase errors are much lower in the stack than our code.

If you were unable to download the update until just today, then there is a much larger issue than our code: the airplane, the updater, or anything else PMDG-related. I understand that it is frustrating, and it's easy to point a finger at what seems logical to you, but if you're only able to download an update that everyone - worldwide - has been able to download since 29 September, the cause is beyond the scope of anything we've coded.

Kyle Rodgers

6 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Glad it's working, but please be careful when pointing fingers like you did. Correlation is not necessarily causation. The types of changes you've recently made to your computer makes it quite impossible to cite any one specific thing as a cause, and again: kernelbase errors are much lower in the stack than our code.

If you were unable to download the update until just today, then there is a much larger issue than our code: the airplane, the updater, or anything else PMDG-related. I understand that it is frustrating, and it's easy to point a finger at what seems logical to you, but if you're only able to download an update that everyone - worldwide - has been able to download since 29 September, the cause is beyond the scope of anything we've coded.

You are misunderstanding me :). The point wasn't to point fingers. As you said, there could be many reasons for the issue. Since I live in China, the Internet connection is bad and could have corrupted an update or something. Just pointing out that something like this seems to be able to cause those problems. Might also be the FSDT update that cause some problem in the beginning, I don't know. Just adding a point to that checklist you gave me since it seems to solved my problem. 🙂

Deleted, missed something

Edited by Ephedrin

I think it's the same as this topic:

I have this CTD with 747-8, too. 747-400 and other PMDG Boeings are good. I think there must some network problem with it. (We are all from China, so there may be the same internet connection problems of us.)

It's really annoyed problem. The CTD happens 100% in several minutes after finish loading the 747-8, even paused game, stopped scenarios, or changed to another aircraft. 

It maybe some problems with the EFB. Sometimes trying to search any airport's charts will return "not in database"(I have a full subscription of Navigrah Charts and have no connection problem with their own software).

Hope it can be resolved ASAP. We can't fly the 747-8 before that. 

15 hours ago, billeinstein said:

I think it's the same as this topic:

I have this CTD with 747-8, too. 747-400 and other PMDG Boeings are good. I think there must some network problem with it. (We are all from China, so there may be the same internet connection problems of us.)

It's really annoyed problem. The CTD happens 100% in several minutes after finish loading the 747-8, even paused game, stopped scenarios, or changed to another aircraft. 

It maybe some problems with the EFB. Sometimes trying to search any airport's charts will return "not in database"(I have a full subscription of Navigrah Charts and have no connection problem with their own software).

Hope it can be resolved ASAP. We can't fly the 747-8 before that. 

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Please wait until the new update is released and recheck there. We have made some chnages that should fix this issue.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

2 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Please wait until the new update is released and recheck there. We have made some chnages that should fix this issue.

Roger & done. Thank you and I'll wait the update.