Sign in to follow this  
walfob

Full Lap, Lap??

Every now and then I take a flight in the MD-11, one of my favourite PMDG aircrafts with, arguably, one of the best definition fuselages and liveries.

There is, however, one call out which has always puzzled me because I can't quite make out what the female voice is saying. 

It occurs after landing, I think, when I have forgotten to disconnect the auto throttle. When I'm trying to exit the runway the voice call out says 'Full lap, lap' and keeps on repeating it.

Is this what she is saying and, if so, what does it mean? I've tried looking in the manual but can't locate where it might be explained.  

Anyone know? 

Bernard Walford

9 minutes ago, walfob said:

Anyone know? 

She's saying "flap," but I can't remember the trigger for why she says it. I think it's a takeoff AND landing config warning. Why it's saying it on the rollout is beyond my recollection.

Kyle Rodgers

Its Douglas’ Bitchin Betty 🙂 And she says: ffffllllaps 🙂

i think you can also hear it on throttle TO warning test (when u move them during preflight).

I also like: stabilizer motion 🙂

Spot-on Kyle,from distant memory.

She is in fact asking for the Stabilizer Config e.e. 6.7, etc,etc to be set right before take-off. Proved as her voice, all along the runway evaporates at lift-off.

3 minutes ago, vc10man said:

She is in fact asking for the Stabilizer Config e.e. 6.7, etc,etc to be set right before take-off. Proved as her voice, all along the runway evaporates at lift-off.

Thanks all, for your replies.

I never get the message on lift off from the runway - only occasionally when I'm exiting the runway after landing. I do always set the Stabilizer Config on pre-flight set up, so presumably this is why I don't hear this call out when taking off.. 

I just wondered what she was saying and if I was hearing her message correctly. 

Bernard Walford

She's saying "flap" (although it does sound like full lap)  Once you've retracted flaps and spoilers post landing it should stop.

3 hours ago, caneman said:

She's saying "flap" (although it does sound like full lap)  Once you've retracted flaps and spoilers post landing it should stop.

You didnt read the thread, didnt ya? 🙂