Sign in to follow this  
skip d

CPX possible customer

I am considering purchasing your Camera Position X. I'd like to explain what I need,and base my decision on whether this product will do what I hope.

I am running P3dv4.3 on Win. 7 Home. I purchased the HS748 airliner from JF with VC only. The A/P is located between the pilot/co-pilot seat,forcing me to take several steps to change my view from forward to down. A slow and cumbersome process which I'd like to avoid. Can I take a picture of the A/P,and move it up into my view forward, and also OPERATE the A/P functions (buttons) while it's in this view. 

Thanks for your time and I hope to be a customer...

Skip d

Hi,

well, yes, you can do it that way. But I wouldn't recommend it. Opening an additional camera view will always have a significant impact on your FPS. I have just tried it in the HS748 - and you can too: open a new view in addition to the default main view and select the upper panel in it - zoom in until you can only see a couple of instruments. Compare your FPS with that view open and closed. In my case, opening it cuts FPS from 60 down to 40.

I would just add new camera definitions, a Pilot View and an AP View that is looking "comfortably" at the AP panel. Then bind both to hotkeys or add them to the view cycle. That way I can switch from my pilot view to the panel and back. This is possible with P3D custom cameras too (except the hotkeys, that is a feature of CPX).

Best regards

LORBY-SI

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:50 AM, skip d said:

Thanks for the quick reply and the info.

Hi,

I have just seen your post in the P3D forum. Just to repeat the warning above: if you open an additional view (= for example to view the AP panel and your cockpit view at the same time), then no matter with what tool you created it, your FPS will suffer. Depending on your system maybe even in a bad way. My above numbers (from 60 down to below 40) were on an i9 7900X with 1080ti.

The usual way to do this, is to add an additional camera position that you switch your entire camera view to when required, and afterwards switch back to the Pilot view. That means that at any time you only see either the AP panel or the VC but not both at the same time. All camera tools do it like that, CameraPosition X included. The difference is, that CPX leverages the camera system of the simulator (=without any impact on FPS), whereas all other tools bring additional logic with nice extra effects.

Best regards

LORBY-SI