Sign in to follow this  
AlphaInfinity

Just ordered my second 2080TI

I have been so impressed with the single 2080TI that I have(in comparison to the SLI 1080 setup I had before) that I just ordered my second one. Main reason? I game in 4k and the way the 2080TI seems to handle heavy clouds is VERY impressive to me. I was also able to turn on HDR for the first time and while my FPS is not extremely high, the game seems to run at a more consistent FPS with more detail and better lighting. I have a 7820X OC'd to 4.7 on water. 32 Gigs of ram and a 960 M2 drive where all the P3d stuff lives.  I find myself flying more, and spending less time tweaking the P3D config. 

I looked at Rob's comparison again before ordering the second card and I feel as though a second one is justified when used at my resolution. The performance gain IS worth it! If I spent all of my time in Aerofly 2, World of Warships or the latest FPS shooter then a second card would NOT be needed but this is P3d and NVLINK scaling in this game seems to do fairly well at higher resolutions. I will report back when the second card arrives. 

Edited by AlphaInfinity

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

To each their own, but you could've save a significant amount of money had you just upgraded to a current processor and OC'd higher.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

46 minutes ago, AlphaInfinity said:

The performance gain IS worth it! 

How many extra FPS are you looking at with the extra card?

17 hours ago, ZLA Steve said:

To each their own, but you could've save a significant amount of money had you just upgraded to a current processor and OC'd higher.

I don't agree. Less PCI lanes, maybe a 400MHZ difference. The PCI lanes matter to me, I run a 10GB home network and I have a ASUS 10GB card in one of the slots. Not a lot of benefit at the moment to going with the latest processor.  I think I would rather have the second card and wait for another generation of processor to come out that offers a more significant upgrade:

https://www.techspot.com/review/1730-intel-core-i9-9900k-core-i7-9700k/page6.html

http://hwbench.com/cpus/intel-core-i9-9900k-vs-intel-core-i7-7820x

17 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

How many extra FPS are you looking at with the extra card?

There is a great thread by Rob above that explains the benefit of NVLINK at HIGH resolutions. Make sure to scroll down to view single RTX2080TI vs 2. 

Edited by AlphaInfinity

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png