Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

No response to Addon Organiser

Oliver,

I am having the luck of an Irishman who has broken forty five mirrors. lol

Just had a catestrophic SSD failure (stand alone P3Dv4)  I have just gone through the laborious task of re downloading P3Dv4 (latest version), installing same and then the even more laborious installation of ORBX sceneries. All went exceedingly well so I then downloaded a WMKK scenery.  This locked up my P3Dv4 so I manually turned off my computer and restarted. I then tried to use your Addon Organiser and when I click on the desktop Icon nothing happens. So I uninstalled that using Control Panel and reinstalled it. This time I did not even get a desktop icon, so I went into the programme ... created a shortcut and clicked on that newly created icon.  Nothing happened. So back into My Documents/P3D add ons/Lorbi-SI Addon Organizer and clicked on the original exe.  Nothing is happening.

Just as a further query, how in the world does one access and delete a problematic scenery without your programme.  Where... What folder ...in P3D is the scenery library located so that somebody can actually access it and manually delete a problem. I know for a fact that it is the WMKK file as everything worked well until that installation and it does not now. ... Has to be WMKK do you agree???

Any clues???

Regards and my usual thanks in anticipation.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hello Tony,

sorry I didn't see your post up there. I have relocated it to the freeware section.

If the P4AO is not starting, that is either caused by AntiVirus / Windows Defender not letting it start - or your fresh Windows installation is missing the necessary .Net version - which is 4.6.2. Check the windows event log and/or AV history after trying to start the app, they should have something to say about that.

Where you have to look for scenery is determined by how and where you installed it:

• If it installed itself into the main P3D directory, then your simulator installation is shot for good. Unless you go through all P3D subfolders, and try to find out which files have been added by the WMKK thing
  • If it installed somewhere else, using the classic way of adding itself to the scenery.cfg,  that is where you go looking "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg"- and manually remove it from the scenery.cfg
  • If it was using the modern installation method, you will have to hunt for its add-on.xml file. That can be anywhere, but a good point to start looking is the autodiscovery folder "C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons". When you remove or rename the add-on.xml, the addon is gone.
  • and finally, the installer may have been using the CLI installation method. Then you need to check this file "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg" if the addon is in there - and remove it.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Oliver,

Thanks for your reply mate. Here is an update.

I have been given advice that worked ie look in scenery.cfg.  I found two .... old scenery.. and then deleted the rogue file. I also noticed another scenery.cfg, went into that and found the same entries (3)  which I deleted also.  P3D now back up and running.

I still however cannot get the addon organiser to run.  The reinstall process also only involved p3d on a stand alone SSD., ie Windows had nothing to do with the original problem. To be honest, I also have to admit that I am having troubles trying to install a Carenado aircraft too. I have turned off, my Internet Download Manager (IDM), Windows Defender, turned off Avira AntiVirus, and my VPN (Carenado advice) and still cannot get it to install, so that too is an on going problem and may well be related.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

21 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

I found two ...

You cannot find two. There is only one file named "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg", and this is the only one that the simulator cares about. All the others have a different name, although you may not see it (depends on your Windows Explorer settings). P4AO is creating two backup files of your scenery.cfg too. In all likeliehood, the backup was the file that was actually working. Usually an installer that manipulates the .cfg files will make a copy of it before it writes the new stuff to the "live" file.

Have a look at the Windows event log and your antivirus history. If a program crashes, the Windows Application log in the Events view should tell you why, and if it is your AV blocking it because it has decided that P4AO is malicious now (or some other person reported it as malware - that cannot be ruled out) that should be in the AV history.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI