Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Any news on Vertx DA62

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Seriously? C'Mon MAN!

I'm waiting too and hoping for answers in each of these threads.  I just think the next answer we get is when it is released.  Hopefully soon.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

17 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Why does a P3D update come to mind?

Give the Man a free cup of coffee! It seems like about the right time and Rob has had a lot of free time to post pictures here and sooooo......😜

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

28 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

on the Carenado Falcon 50 ... or could be just my wishful thinking

Carenado Falcon? Did you mean Flysimware Falcon 50?

Cheers,

Mark

2 minutes ago, newtie said:

Carenado Falcon? Did you mean Flysimware Falcon 50?

Cheers,

Mark

Carenado Falcon 50 is on the works. They recently released some shots of the progress.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 minutes ago, newtie said:

Did you mean Flysimware Falcon 50?

Either one, but Flysimware seemed a little resilient to P3D unique features so I hadn't consider them ... but there again, I guess Carenado is resilient to unique features of P3D also so who knows ... most 3rd party devs aren't willing to drop FSX yet as it still offers potential revenue so we still see many aircraft in P3D that are compromised to the FSX SDK as the lowest common denominator (meaning if it doesn't work in FSX it's not going to make it into P3D).  I can sorta understand the philosophy as sales numbers are very low so every sell counts ... but it's a little depressing to see this still going on 5+ years later.

Cheers, Rob.

Oh what a surprise... Announcement over a month ago (at the same time Carenado actually released their DA62) and no news since!  
Can the guy even be bothered to respond?
Think we will all be waiting for months still...

Matthew S

The flightsim "industry" is diverging along two distinct paths. One is the impatient and in my opinion sloppy practice of early access, in which the buyer is the guinea pig for testing a buggy product which is also missing key features. The other path is to test products via a closed beta approach. This process is time consuming but frustrates the average user who is impatient for a new product. Every so often the closed beta approach fails because the product was not widely tested on a variety of systems.

Neither testing procedure is infallible, but the better products tend to be associated with closed beta tests.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Hmmmm ... I wonder ... the delay could be a good thing ... and would be a "first" if it's what I think it is and hope it is ... might also explain the delay on the Carenado Falcon 50 ... or could be just my wishful thinking 🙂

Cheers, Rob.

yet more 4.4 teasing from RobA 😉. I feel there will be good things coming!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

A lot of developers who are covered under the P3d4 NDA are playing the same game by referring to release delays as being the work of some unknown mysterious force. It takes time to convert textures to be PBR compatible, so expect a lull in add-on releases followed by a flood.

Edited by jabloomf1230
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Oh what a surprise... Announcement over a month ago (at the same time Carenado actually released their DA62) and no news since!  
Can the guy even be bothered to respond?
Think we will all be waiting for months still...

It surprises me very much, too. And as you say, it seems the guy is not urged to make any update news, and this can tell us that the "promissed" three weeks is a thing of the past and now nobody has a clue on how well or bad this aircraft is being developed, if that's still the case.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I read nothing about promised in the articles.  I read about a hope to release in next few weeks.  That's not a promise.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The flightsim "industry" is diverging along two distinct paths. One is the impatient and in my opinion sloppy practice of early access, in which the buyer is the guinea pig for testing a buggy product which is also missing key features. The other path is to test products via a closed beta approach. This process is time consuming but frustrates the average user who is impatient for a new product. Every so often the closed beta approach fails because the product was not widely tested on a variety of systems.

Neither testing procedure is infallible, but the better products tend to be associated with closed beta tests.

Hi Jay:

And I can add a practice that at least one developer I remember employed back at the end of 2016, by releasing a product saying it was almost finished, at full price (around 60 bucks). One year and a half later, a stable version was finally released after a long optional beta testing period.

I think the flightsim community should ban that way of doing "business".

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

I'll happily wait if it's what I hope the delay is about ... but there again I'm pretty patient, too much to do so little time ... except when it comes to drivers and driving, way too many slow and/or distracted drivers, but other than that flaw, I'm pretty patient 🙂

Cheers, Rob.

2 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

except when it comes to drivers and driving, way too many slow and/or distracted drivers

Maybe your are a fan of F1 races? just a guess :biggrin:

S.

Any delay could also be due to getting the website up and running and secure.