Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Any news on Vertx DA62

Just now, harrry said:

But not from X-Plane 10 to X-Plane 11

Ok I miss understood your comment, but sometimes the workload does change a lot, Laminar Research is very draconian withing their own new releases as they do not consult with any 3rd party content providers and they do not care if their changes will brake things.

This is why I do not develop anything for XP, I hate how the SDK works (plus it is weak) and the way LM treat 3rd party content providers.

S. 

17 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

So @Paul Golding there's a certain Boeing missing from P3Dv4. Any chance?😁

I can just imagine how cool that Boeing would be, updated to todays standards (yes I'm biased), but it sadly will remain imaginary.  I've tried re-booting the development since FSX came along, but never managed to get the right people involved at the right times.

For me at least, the solution is to use something like the MadDog and pretend there's another engine back there😉

• Like 1

Cheers

Paul Golding

1 hour ago, MatthewS said:

Frankly IMHO this type of behavior does not bode well for the type of support we can expect from Vertx.

Sean is famous for his excellent support. Don't worry about that.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

2 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Sean is famous for his excellent support. Don't worry about that.

Not to mention that the old RealAir stuff was about as close to bug free as you can get, and so needed little support anyway!

This thread boils down to "well respected chap with a great history of releasing high quality add-ons, mentioned in a press release on 28th September that he hopes to release the aircraft in the “next few weeks”.

I guess those (wrongly) suggesting things like broken promises must've been absolutely p155ing their pants waiting for something like the Aerosoft CRJ 😂  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Cheers

Paul Golding

1 hour ago, harrry said:

Yes but if the developer wishes to get and keep the goodwill of future sales he will try to keep people informed especially if he has made an announcement of say "in November".

You obviously have not read or know anything about the developer referenced by the OP.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

What ?

I think we need to start issuing brown paper bags to prevent hyperventilating around here...

:tongue:

Regards,
Scott

Or white paper bags for anyone experiencing nausea from reading this thread. 😉

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DJJose said:

You obviously have not read or know anything about the developer referenced by the OP.

Actually I do.  An excellent developer in a partnership which suddenly stopped selling unfortunately leaving for some time purchasers stranded for a period which fortunately they rectified.  I look forward to this new product and hope it can be as good as the previous ones.

Harry Woodrow

The bar for new airplanes in our sims keeps getting set higher and higher. I can’t imagine the work it takes to develop the type of systems depth demanded by our community...especially the highly advanced glass cockpits of today. 

If RealAir’s legacy...not the plane but the developer’s proven track record...is any indication of what Sean will release, this is going to be worth waiting for. 

...and for anyone who hasn’t started their own business, that’s not a trivial matter either. Patience is warranted. Hopefully we as adults can show a little grace. 

• Like 1

Chris

3 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Wrong!
This developer went public on FSElite with an announcement 4 weeks ago and seems to have "lead us on" and have us believe the Vertx DA62 would be released by now.
I did not buy the Carenado on the back of his implicit promise that the Vertx would be out by now.
I think he owes us an update.
Frankly IMHO this type of behavior does not bode well for the type of support we can expect from Vertx.

You misread the news release then.  There was NO promise.  It was a hope that it would be released.  I've been a beta tester for 15 years.  Developers miss their target nearly every time.  Usually it's because they're adding more features. 

Edited to be nice.

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

"Tis sorta funny, I've been sitting here for "50 Minutes" trying to think of something "nice" to say about the feelings of entitlement portrayed by some. I've never understood that concept and never will. If a perception of entitlement is a valid thing, then we are all in trouble. I would say that, editing to be nice, is a higher road than the black-art of becoming entitled.  

• Like 4

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

24 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

If a perception of entitlement is a valid thing, then we are all in trouble.

Hi Folks,

LOL - this is kind of a microcosm of the problems we see in the real world on a daily basis - and yes we are...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

20 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

LOL - this is kind of a microcosm of the problems we see in the real world on a daily basis - and yes we are...

Regards,
Scott

+100

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Wrong!
This developer went public on FSElite with an announcement 4 weeks ago and seems to have "lead us on" and have us believe the Vertx DA62 would be released by now.
I did not buy the Carenado on the back of his implicit promise that the Vertx would be out by now.
I think he owes us an update.

Oh for goodness sake! 😒

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Regards,
Scott

This is so true today!  Sorry Scott, but I could hit the "LIKE" button only one time.

Greg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

You misread the news release then.  There was NO promise.  It was a hope that it would be released.  I've been a beta tester for 15 years.  Developers miss their target nearly every time.  Usually it's because they're adding more features.

Semantics...

There was an implicit "promise" to deliver in about 3 weeks and Vertx let the article run without requesting a correction,Vertx have still not released, issued no update and still have no website and IMHO only made the FSElite announcement to take a little "wind out of the sails" of the Carenado release.

If this happened in the "real world" with publicly listed, lawyer-ed up companies then quite likely Vertx would be subject to allegations of Antitrust behavior.

Anyway, this is really just a "storm in a teacup" but come on Sean just post a one line comment anywhere with an update, remember you already went public, so we are "owed" an update.

I'm sure Vertx will deliver a great product eventually, I've owned RealAir products in the distant past and they were great!

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S