Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Any news on Vertx DA62

26 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Semantics...

There was an implicit "promise" to deliver in about 3 weeks and Vertx let the article run without requesting a correction,Vertx have still not released, issued no update and still have no website and IMHO only made the FSElite announcement to take a little "wind out of the sails" of the Carenado release.

If this happened in the "real world" with publicly listed, lawyer-ed up companies then quite likely Vertx would be subject to allegations of Antitrust behavior.

Anyway, this is really just a "storm in a teacup" but come on Sean just post a one line comment anywhere with an update, remember you already went public, so we are "owed" an update.

I'm sure Vertx will deliver a great product eventually, I've owned RealAir products in the distant past and they were great!

I think a few people are getting a bit hot under the collar for no reason. I think that since this product has been developed for P3D only, we will find out soon that it may have been optimized for P3D version 4.4. If true, then Vertx would be under the NDA and have no choice but to keep quite. I am not a fan of some of the "secret" stuff that goes on but in the case we may have a situation where Vertx is waiting on P3D who are waiting on Nvidia and all of this could be influenced by all the RTX xxxx drama. Why slam Sean when he may have no choice in the matter? 

Edited by shivers9
  • Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, shivers9 said:

we may have a situation where Vertx is waiting on P3D who are waiting on Nvidia

Who mentioned Nvidia?? 😛

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

5 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Or white paper bags for anyone experiencing nausea from reading this thread. 😉

Way TMFT...

3 hours ago, MatthewS said:

... If this happened in the "real world" with publicly listed, lawyer-ed up companies then quite likely Vertx would be subject to allegations of Antitrust behavior.

Wow!  This comment has taken this thread to a whole new level. Equating no update to Antitrust behaviour. I really hope the developer is not reading this. 

In my opinion it’s time to lock the thread down before it gets even more heated.

Edited by PaulFWatts
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree! Trolling is not condoned on AVSIM.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The spiraling nose dive that this thread has taken has in no way dimmed my anticipation of Sean getting back into the game. I'm looking forward to his new creation.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

5 hours ago, MatthewS said:

If this happened in the "real world" with publicly listed, lawyer-ed up companies then quite likely Vertx would be subject to allegations of Antitrust behavior.

Matthew, that is uncalled for and perilously close to a violation of the AVSIM TOS.

Throttle back to idle please.

• Like 5

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If I were Sean reading some of this, I would feel inclined to say 'Word not allowed' 'em. I'll get a paper round instead'

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

25 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

If I were Sean reading some of this, I would feel inclined to say 'Word not allowed' 'em. I'll get a paper round instead'

Amen

Matt Wilson

Little wonder people up and leave with some of the rubbish I've seen written in this thread.

Sean doesn't owe anyone an update. You know he was a real life and other things to do along with working on this. It'll be out when it's finished.

His reputation for quality and delivery speaks for itself.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

7 minutes ago, John_Tavendale said:

Little wonder people up and leave with some of the rubbish I've seen written in this thread.

Sean doesn't owe anyone an update. You know he was a real life and other things to do along with working on this. It'll be out when it's finished.

That is one of the biggest problems with the divide between customers and developers.

Customers deal with a business.  They expect the business to do its work. If I go shopping I do not expect the shop to be open one day and shut the next, promote a product and then disappear for a month.  If a shop did this we would stop going there.  Flight sim addons are no longer freeware or near to it, they are a commercial enterprise, a good thing, and with that comes commercial expectations.  A reputation is only as good as the last interaction.

I am well aware that developers are in general great people and I would love to sit and have a coffee with most of them but in business dealings as they say: "Business is business".

I hope the plane comes soon, I will have to wait as I spent the money for it in the last sales.

Harry Woodrow

Customer deal with Microsoft and Apple as well who are trillion $ companies (in the case of Apple) and they can’t give you a delivery date when they are still in the development phase either.  They announce either just before or actually on the day of release. Plus they keep things very secret all during the development cycle.

We are not talking about a retail shop here, software development is a very complex business.

2 hours ago, John_Tavendale said:

I just want to clarify what I said, as the person who initially responded to me totally misrepresented what I was saying. He doesn't owe me anything, nor did I argue for that. I said it would be nice if we could have an update, maybe I should have implied or emphasized when he is able. Never mentioned him owing me anything, this crowd gets fired up easily... 

Edited by callsignrobin

2 hours ago, PaulFWatts said:

Customer deal with Microsoft and Apple as well who are trillion $ companies (in the case of Apple) and they can’t give you a delivery date when they are still in the development phase either.  They announce either just before or actually on the day of release. Plus they keep things very secret all during the development cycle.

We are not talking about a retail shop here, software development is a very complex business.

Microsofts release dates for new products are well anounced in advance together with the staged press releases, roadshoads and all the pre release promotion that goes on.  I have never seem a Microsoft product not released on the day they anounced when they started the releases.  Granted they may have had to put fixes up shortly later but they released. 

In this case we had some pre release publicity....indicating a release time but nothing since.

I am well aware software development is a complex bussiness.  I was involved in it for a considerable time.  Customers in other areas of software demand releases go as announced.  What makes a relatively basic area of software developement different.

Harry Woodrow