Daedalus

Any news on Vertx DA62

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

On September 30 there was an announcement here on Avsim "Product Announcements & Press Releases" for the new amazing looking Vertx DA62 aircraft, expected to be released the ''next few weeks''.

However as there is not any dedicated forum or website of Vertx, I would like to ask here. As we are now over a month of the announcement does anyone know where we can seek for more news about the latest developments? Maybe beta testers can share anything if allowed?

Really looking forward for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, no news, it’s probably delayed. Carenado has  a DA62, but I don’t have any idea how good it is regarding systems.

Cheers, Ed

 

Share this post


Link to post

Very good question. There are lots of folks looking forward to this release. I hope we can get some sort of update soon. This developer has a history of releasing products that are near perfect out of the box. I expect this will be the same. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Folks,

From past experience - I seriously doubt the Carenado G1000 can do a Direct To without deleting the flight plan - which makes it unusable for my needs - I'll wait for Vertx...

Regards,
Scott

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, edpatino said:

Carenado has  a DA62, but I don’t have any idea how good it is regarding systems.

Cheers, Ed

It's pretty (as you'd expect from Carenado) and it flies well, but it has a glitch where the additional tanks won't transfer fuel to the main tanks, which is not a showstopper, but it is a bit annoying nonetheless and will hopefully get patched (but as ever with Carenado, holding your breath for patches is not a good idea).

The G1000 you get with it is somewhat simplified in their Carenado DA62. It does the job, but it's not a complete simulation of the real avionics, which is not surprising given that it's thrown in for free with an add-on which is fairly inexpensive. For example, you can't load a flight plan into it (which is bordering on criminal for a flight simulator GPS),  so you have to input it on the spot, and its map can only display one orientation. These are not showstoppers, but they do nevertheless give you an idea of what to expect with it.

If it was the only game in town (which it currently is), then it would be more easy to recommend it, and I still wouldn't rule it out anyway since we don't know how much the Vertx one will be, but if you don't need one desperately right now, then I'd recommend waiting to see what the Vertx one brings to the table and how much that one will cost.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Chock said:

It's pretty (as you'd expect from Carenado) and it flies well, but it has a glitch where the additional tanks won't transfer fuel to the main tanks, which is not a showstopper, but it is a bit annoying nonetheless and will hopefully get patched (but as ever with Carenado, holding your breath for patches is not a good idea).

The G1000 you get with it is somewhat simplified in their Carenado DA62. It does the job, but it's not a complete simulation of the real avionics, which is not surprising given that it's thrown in for free with an add-on which is fairly inexpensive. For example, you can't load a flight plan into it (which is bordering on criminal for a flight simulator GPS),  so you have to input it on the spot, and its map can only display one orientation. These are not showstoppers, but they do nevertheless give you an idea of what to expect with it.

If it was the only game in town (which it currently is), then it would be more easy to recommend it, and I still wouldn't rule it out anyway since we don't know how much the Vertx one will be, but if you don't need one desperately right now, then I'd recommend waiting to see what the Vertx one brings to the table and how much that one will cost.

Thanks for your valuable comments. I'm on hold, but I'm not so sure if Vertx will release a DA62 anytime soon, so I'll probably switch my interest to another turboprop.

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post

Someone asked how soon? I have no idea of when Sean is going to release his DA-62.

I did give a clue on the other thread. All I can add is to be patient, it's worth the wait.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Someone asked how soon? I have no idea of when Sean is going to release his DA-62.

I did give a clue on the other thread. All I can add is to be patient, it's worth the wait.

Yep I noticed that it was in the traffic pattern and on Downwind about a week ago. Please tell Sean to keep the airspeed up until short final if able due to a F-35 number two to land behind him.🤯

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

By the screenshots, no doubt that the excellent graphics and gauges have the Sean's touch.

I'm wondering however who did the FDE since Rob is not anymore in the "business".

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Someone asked how soon? I have no idea of when Sean is going to release his DA-62.

I did give a clue on the other thread. All I can add is to be patient, it's worth the wait.

A simple question: why someone at Vertx doesn't make a statement or give us some kind of response?. That way no speculation or guessing is possible.

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, edpatino said:

A simple question: why someone at Vertx doesn't make a statement or give us some kind of response?. That way no speculation or guessing is possible.

Cheers, Ed

Ed,

That someone would be Sean. I think you will get a better response if you email him. You can find his email:

http://www.realairsimulations.net/

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Ed,

That someone would be Sean. I think you will get a better response if you email him. You can find his email:

http://www.realairsimulations.net/

Thanks so much, of course I can do it, but wouldn't be better for the entire community if he reacts and inform all of us at once?. And obviously, he shouldn't be the only one at Vertx.

Cheers, Ed

 

Edited by edpatino

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Ed,

That someone would be Sean. I think you will get a better response if you email him. You can find his email:

http://www.realairsimulations.net/

I know Sean since the early days of RealAir in the 2000's. After an absence, and come back on flightsim a month ago, I sent him an email to the address mentioned on http://www.realairsimulations.net/

No answer from Sean since then. At the time I sent the email, I was not aware of Vertx etc. Now I think he must be very busy so I did not re-send or anything of that sort.

Share this post


Link to post

He is a high-quality individual, and I’m sure is working as quickly as he can to release the product. After all he does not start his revenue stream until people can purchase, and that is the reason for all the effort.

 

 Despite the occasional lapse of silence, (which I’m confident can be explained by the demands of real life), he has always supported his customers, and will no doubt continue to do so. 

 

In the end, I often remind myself this is a hobby which I engage in to relax, and that patience is a virtue....

 

I have and will continue to buy everything that either and or both of The Duo produce.

C

 

 

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

 

I have and will continue to buy everything that either and or both of The Duo produce.

+1 x 1,000

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Thanks so much, of course I can do it, but wouldn't be better for the entire community if he reacts and inform all of us at once?. And obviously, he shouldn't be the only one at Vertx.

Cheers, Ed

 

I do agree with you. I think that it is us Old Farts that hate the silly games that all Developers seem compelled to play. I have just never understood it but I do suspect that when it is released it will set some new standards. Sean is a Pro and a craftsman at the trade. Some day these Devs will be pushing 72 like I am. Only then will they realize that as the hearing and eye sight is slowly going down hill we tend to be in a bit more of a hurry for things to come out. LOL!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Why answer when saying nothing just leads to ever more of these threads and keeps the hype machine spinning.  Great marketing on their part.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I do agree with you. I think that it is us Old Farts that hate the silly games that all Developers seem compelled to play. I have just never understood it but I do suspect that when it is released it will set some new standards. Sean is a Pro and a craftsman at the trade. Some day these Devs will be pushing 72 like I am. Only then will they realize that as the hearing and eye sight is slowly going down hill we tend to be in a bit more of a hurry for things to come out. LOL!

We should keep this thread alive at least during the next 12 hours, considering that Sean is maybe in the other side of the world and it seems he's not going to wake up in the middle of the night just to reply to our concerns.

Cheers, Ed

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Folks,

Yeah - with images like this - Sean knows he has us hook, line, and sinker...

:tongue:

Personally - no rush from me - take your time and do it right as many of us suspect you will...

I just hope he has an FDE guy up to the task - they are some pretty big shoes Rob left behind...

 

Vertx_DA62_01.jpg.f521ff09a4aad8b645ba84

 

Vertx_DA62_22-1600x716.jpg

 

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yeah - with images like this - Sean knows he has us hook, line, and sinker... 

:tongue:

Personally - no rush from me - take your time and do it right as many of us suspect you will...

I just hope he has an FDE guy up to the task - they are some pretty big shoes Rob left behind...

Yes, I do agree.

I don't think anybody is really rushing, as with the OP, we all are just asking for an update. Probably he'll respond soon and also give you more insights about your FDE 😉

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post

This would make for a sweet home cockpit project if there is a way to move the G1000 to a separate touch screen

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, edpatino said:

A little bit biased, ins't it?.

Cheers, Ed

 

No it isn't. I fail to see where You came to that conclusion.

It is a Sound Enhancement Product Announcement  made for or campatible with the Carenado DA62 (nothing more).

Should Arezone-Aviation SoundStudios wait for the Vertx DA62 (Yet unknown release date) to launch their addon?

BTW: I'm too waiting for the Vertx. DA62.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, MarkW said:

Why answer when saying nothing just leads to ever more of these threads and keeps the hype machine spinning.  Great marketing on their part.

Seriously? C'Mon MAN!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.