Sign in to follow this  
Mickel

Alitalia WIP

Folks

WIP of an Alitalia livery.  80% done, which means I have 80% of the time to go...  Learning a new paint kit and PS at the same time, plus only my second livery, first with bare metal to contend with...

kdrEDIr.jpg

8C8oNpb.jpg

A lot still to do and a lot to learn.  Hopefully done by Xmas...  The variation on this one won't take too long.

Mike

Edited by Mickel
  • Like 2

Always good to see yet another -6. Tante bella cosa!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Looks like an excellent start!

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2

1 hour ago, jankees said:

I love your 049 repaints! How about practising your art on the Six?

Cheers

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

More WIP.  Titles sorted.  Getting a feel for the curves.  Need to lose the shine next.  Then fix the front and back.  Left the fuselage grid on to see how it all fits.

tKTtelE.jpg

VJ3PZfI.jpg

I appreciate the encouragement.  I'm going to need more when I feel like throwing the mouse through the wall trying to get the nose right...

Edited by Mickel

18 hours ago, jankees said:

Mike- Did you see THAT??? From Jan- that's encouragement indeed... there are very few in his league!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

hehe... he already knows he's going to have to suffer my dumb questions when I get stuck...  He partly brought it upon himself.  😉 

Mickel, titles look fine, now for all those stripes to line up, especially below the tail...

two possible avenues: find another paint that has similar lines and use that as an example, maybe this one:

42434784895_b6f8e03cbb_b.jpg

or make a fine grid of perpendicular lines in different colors in the problem area to figure out which part of the textures connects to which other part.

Don't worry about shine, alphas and/or specs, first get the textures right.

23 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

but I did! Here's a few examples:

43288867982_64003a6970_b.jpgjk0292

43288867532_f21d200cb2_b.jpgjk1124

43288867742_8344431cb2_b.jpgjk0460

you'll find them here in the library on avsim

Edited by jankees

Hey Mickel!
Hav fun and take your time for your repaint!
I proceed a lot with the "trial & error" method with diff. colours that Jankees mentionned.
Perhaps he does have a lot of other tricks & tipps? 🙂
But this tail-part of the DC-6 is the plague.... See what I only managed after hours :
Image1.png

If you find the solution for your Alitalia repaint, let us know 😉

Barth

Quentin Barthélemy

nsoSZ9V.jpg

little apparent progress, but got some housekeeping done (involved a fair bit of reworking - rookie errors) which will make the rest easier.  Temporarily killed off the gloss to make checking easier.  Blue stripe to the tail section almost works.  Need to repeat it three more times though...

Three more times?

Yeah, the three light blue stripes.  Then mirror them for the other side, obviously.

Nose, well, yep.  Work to do.

wu2MBwi.jpg

Tail stripes are getting close.  Decided reg is too big, so will have to shrink.  Alitalia is too small on the wing...

Gz82Hkf.jpg

Closer...

CaSJbIV.jpg

RrgyJRL.jpg

86oY8Sz.jpg

Almost down to pixel chasing now...  Needs some more work on the nose and tail.  I feel like the end is in sight.

Not sure if the Alitalia on the fuselage should be the light blue, rather than the dark.  I think the dark was later.  But I do prefer it over the light!  I'll take any advice on the matter.  :-)

Mike

MIKE-

I AM FOLLOWING THIS WITH INTEREST, however, I am completely inept at painting. If you are getting advice from Jan, you are GOLDEN.  There are few in his league, and you are in GREAT hands.

This aircraft is one of the updates I am particularly looking forward to.  Once PMDG finishes the few niggles remaining, and PBR is let loose- this will be an incredible bit of kit!

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper