Sign in to follow this  
Gary_Hayes

8bit looking textures at night

I have Tomato Shade installed and I have also removed all shaders (with and without tomato), I have even removed the shader folders and cfg then did a repair of the client.  Nothing seems to work???  I have tried numerous drivers for my nvidia card to no avail.

Please assist if you can...

Addons: Active Sky for v4, ASCA, Rex Skyforce 3D

Specs:
i7 8700K @4.7 ghz
16GB DDR4 Ram
Nvidia GTX 1080
Running at 3480x2460

8bitshit.jpg

display.jpg

world.jpg

lighting.jpg

weather.jpg

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Hi Folks,

Ditto on mine - I’m running ENVSHADE - I started looking at my night flying a couple weeks ago in anticipation of getting back into it - which I haven’t done in a while - just as Gary mentioned - running 4.3 one of the latest Nvidia drivers - not using NI... It was a mess - sky banded - extremely blocky lens flare - 8 bit color pallet... No solution yet either - daylight is fine...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

No sir, not using reshade or inspector. 

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

14 minutes ago, Gary_Hayes said:

No sir, not using reshade or inspector. 

Ok, you uninstalled Tomatoshade? if so tried a content repair, delete your local shaders again and see if that repairs the problem.

Regards,
S.

Will this remove my addons?

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

1 minute ago, Gary_Hayes said:

Negative, it will restore your shadersHSL folders, systems default effects, system default textures and other default P3D files.

S.

Ok I will give this a go when I get home. 

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

I had exactly the same problem. It was killing the night flying immersion due to sky banding, weird cloud colours etc.

At the time I suspected one of my various texture changing add-ons (and I still do) and tried to revert back to the standard textures doing an uninstall and reinstall of content.msi . Unfortunately this caused a number of problems which I was unable to fix without a full uninstall and reinstall of Prepar3D V4.3 .

The good news is that this totally solved my night flying problems with no more sky banding, “8 bit” cloud colours, lights blooming etc. Night flying is very enjoyable again now.

I’ve yet to reinstall all my add-ons (especially the way too many 3rd party airports I own) and won’t be re-installing any texture changing programs or shader changing programs until I’m 100% confident I can restore the orginal textures (I’ve found relying on the so called backup done by these programs before they are changed are not working). It’s a pity that add-on airports aren’t as easy to install as they from Orbx which is why I will be not buying any airports in future that don’t come with some form of updater.

I posted awhile back asking for advice on what needs to be backed up to achieve this but never got a reply unfortunately.

Edited by PaulFWatts

3 hours ago, Gary_Hayes said:

One common gotcha, however--if you use any ORBX scenery other than FTX Global, you need to run FTX Central once after the content repair to re-write the ORBX changes to the autogen config.

Regards

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Ok I may just do a complete reinstall, I just hate having to redownload all the orbx stuff......I wish I didn't have to.

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

Interesting Bloom value ... what happens if you increase that to 0.80?

Cheers, Rob.

Well I did a complete reinstall, and STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM....

This has to be hardware or something outside the sim?

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

36 minutes ago, Gary_Hayes said:

Well I did a complete reinstall, and STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM....

This has to be hardware or something outside the sim?

Re-install will not clean your Prepard3d.cfg, so make a backup of this file and delete it to see what happens.

S.

Hi Folks,

Wow - that doesn't bode well for me...

I'm in the middle of a new build at the moment - so at least I'll be starting again with a clean slate in the very near future...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7