Sign in to follow this  
Gary_Hayes

8bit looking textures at night

Hi Folks,

Checked monitor colors - looks fine - cleared shaders - updated Nvidia to latest - no joy...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

Did the - client - content - scenery - update for grins - FUBAR - I think it does look worse than the original... Night is a no fly zone - daylight looks fine...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Did the - client - content - scenery - update for grins - FUBAR - I think it does look worse than the original... Night is a no fly zone - daylight looks fine...

Regards,

Scott

Update or repair?

Hi Simbol,

I removed all three - then installed all three...

LOL - I forgot I had to install ORBX Global, NALC, and Vector all over again - still downloading...

Regards,

Scott

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Simbol,

I removed all three - then installed all three...

LOL - I forgot I had to install ORBX Global, NALC, and Vector all over again - still downloading...

Regards,

Scott

But are you still experiencing problems after this?

Regards 

S.

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

But are you still experiencing problems after this?

Regards 

S.

Hi Simbol,

Sorry - yes - same issue - looks like a blotchy 8 bit color map at night - no change...  Daylight looks fine...

Regards,

Scott

11 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Simbol,

Sorry - yes - same issue - looks like a blotchy 8 bit color map at night - no change...  Daylight looks fine...

Regards,

Scott

Doesn't make sense, You also deleted the prepard3D.cfg and shaders?

Regards

S.

Hi Simbol,

Yes sir - and apparently there’s a few of us with the same isssue...

Regards,

Scott

3 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Simbol,

Yes sir - and apparently there’s a few of us with the same isssue...

Regards,

Scott

Ok, maybe we can do a teamviewer session to look into your case with the hope to find the cause and share it with the rest.

S.

Simbol, is there anyway I can see a night shot of your setup? Mine looks like garbage as well. heavily gradient. I will try and take a better nightshot with my setup. Pressing V gives really crappy, low quality picture, that though you can see the banding, makes it looks a bit worse than it actually is.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

32 minutes ago, 19dcavscout said:

Simbol, is there anyway I can see a night shot of your setup? Mine looks like garbage as well. heavily gradient. I will try and take a better nightshot with my setup. Pressing V gives really crappy, low quality picture, that though you can see the banding, makes it looks a bit worse than it actually is.

Let me post a couple of pics, as you must appreciate my current line of work is done mostly at nights.

Regards,
S.

On 11/11/2018 at 10:02 AM, simbol said:

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

Picture 4:

Picture 5:

The last is the default KMIA Airport.

Regards,
Simbol

And not a single picture with the aircraft's lights on.... You're a mean one, Mr Grinch.... 😏

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

19 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

And not a single picture with the aircraft's lights on.... You're a mean one, Mr Grinch.... 😏

Ugh? We were discussing textures formats.. They asked me how mines look and I show it..

Regards 

Simbol