Gary_Hayes

8bit looking textures at night

Recommended Posts

Ok I activated this earlier when you told me to so without tomato it does look slightly better I will have to try it with tomato tonight to see. To be honest though I am quite happy with how things look now so I might just leave it as is and not touch anything else. Right now I am flying to Dallas on vatsim holding steady at 60 frames per second so I really honestly don't want to break it anymore. 

Edited by Gary_Hayes
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

39 minutes ago, lownslo said:

Yes, in the nVidia Control Panel.  Then along the left side click on "Change Resolution".  In the main window scroll down to "3. Apply the Following Settings", then make sure "Output Color Format" is set to "RGB".  Then you can change "Output Dynamic Range" to "Full".

Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks so much - I’ll check mine...

Regards,

Scott

Share this post


Link to post

Depends on how you connect to your monitor, HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI-D ... right click desktop

NCPOption1.jpg.263fd00caefafc31e24c798484a2e998.jpg

DVI will look like this (make sure 32bit is selected):

NCP_DVI.jpg.c94a26e56b2d3fc2428f8c997e73bf0b.jpg

HDMI or DisplayPort (older version NCP but same basic area/idea):

NCP_HDMI.thumb.jpg.3a743321e7266dd81402aa6d1c6ec1d6.jpg

In addition, some monitors need to be setup to support HDR or put into a mode that supports RGB.  All TVs support YCbCr444/422/420 (or variant).  For gaming you can use either RGB or YCbCr ... just make sure you can select FULL Dynamic Range.  Also, some monitors and/or GPU's will not support FULL dynamic range above 30hz ... so check your TV/Monitor specs.

Cheers, Rob.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Rob,

Thanks as well - recently replaced monitor - old DVI - new DP...

I’ll check my settings...

It’s just odd only night textures are degraded...

Regards,

Scott

Share this post


Link to post

Mine are doing the same thing. I have been following the thread to see if anyone can spread some insight on what exactly is happening.  

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Folks,

Checked monitor colors - looks fine - cleared shaders - updated Nvidia to latest - no joy...

Regards,

Scott

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Folks,

Did the - client - content - scenery - update for grins - FUBAR - I think it does look worse than the original... Night is a no fly zone - daylight looks fine...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Did the - client - content - scenery - update for grins - FUBAR - I think it does look worse than the original... Night is a no fly zone - daylight looks fine...

Regards,

Scott

Update or repair?

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Simbol,

I removed all three - then installed all three...

LOL - I forgot I had to install ORBX Global, NALC, and Vector all over again - still downloading...

Regards,

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Simbol,

I removed all three - then installed all three...

LOL - I forgot I had to install ORBX Global, NALC, and Vector all over again - still downloading...

Regards,

Scott

But are you still experiencing problems after this?

Regards 

S.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, simbol said:

But are you still experiencing problems after this?

Regards 

S.

Hi Simbol,

Sorry - yes - same issue - looks like a blotchy 8 bit color map at night - no change...  Daylight looks fine...

Regards,

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Simbol,

Sorry - yes - same issue - looks like a blotchy 8 bit color map at night - no change...  Daylight looks fine...

Regards,

Scott

Doesn't make sense, You also deleted the prepard3D.cfg and shaders?

Regards

S.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Simbol,

Yes sir - and apparently there’s a few of us with the same isssue...

Regards,

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Simbol,

Yes sir - and apparently there’s a few of us with the same isssue...

Regards,

Scott

Ok, maybe we can do a teamviewer session to look into your case with the hope to find the cause and share it with the rest.

S.

Share this post


Link to post

Simbol, is there anyway I can see a night shot of your setup? Mine looks like garbage as well. heavily gradient. I will try and take a better nightshot with my setup. Pressing V gives really crappy, low quality picture, that though you can see the banding, makes it looks a bit worse than it actually is.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, 19dcavscout said:

Simbol, is there anyway I can see a night shot of your setup? Mine looks like garbage as well. heavily gradient. I will try and take a better nightshot with my setup. Pressing V gives really crappy, low quality picture, that though you can see the banding, makes it looks a bit worse than it actually is.

Let me post a couple of pics, as you must appreciate my current line of work is done mostly at nights.

Regards,
S.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Picture 1:

Z1SZ5VI.png

 

Picture 2:

URv14Jz.jpg

Picture 3:

TwfewmJ.jpg

 

Picture 4:

HKhsPBX.jpg

Picture 5:

qj51OzM.jpg

The last is the default KMIA Airport.

Regards,
Simbol

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now