Sign in to follow this  
Knoblet

Simconnect load flightplan exception

Recommended Posts

I've been using this software for a couple of years now and I'm extremely pleased with the results after many many hours of work gathering the correct repaints, registrations and ai aircraft so much that most flights have upwards of 80% sucess rate.

Since v12 I have noticed the subject message for every ai aircraft generated and although no bad effects are seen the log is twice as long as it should be. Ny reason as to why?

Using P3Dv4.3 and PSXSeeconTraffic on a networked laptop.

 

Norm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

22 minutes ago, Knoblet said:

I've been using this software for a couple of years now and I'm extremely pleased with the results after many many hours of work gathering the correct repaints, registrations and ai aircraft so much that most flights have upwards of 80% sucess rate.

Since v12 I have noticed the subject message for every ai aircraft generated and although no bad effects are seen the log is twice as long as it should be. Ny reason as to why?

Using P3Dv4.3 and PSXSeeconTraffic on a networked laptop.

 

Norm

I don't understand the topic of your post. Can you elaborate on that a bit. PSXT does not load flight plans, as far as I know.

About the log file. In version 12.3 you can control (again)  what is logged and what not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an example from the log from a flight today

ENY3981  E75L M N254NN   YUL->DFW ===   VPA_RAI_E75L_ENY-Envoy
11:43:45 Simconnect load flightplan exception
WEN3543  DH8D M C-FKWE   YUL->YYZ ===   VPA_TFS_Dash8-400_WEN-Encore
11:44:36 Simconnect load flightplan exception
SKV7630  E75S M C-FEJY   YUL->LGA ===   VPA_RAI_E75S_SKV-Sky
11:44:49 Simconnect load flightplan exception
ACA607   A321 M C-GIUB   YHZ->YYZ ===   FAIB_A321CFM_ACA-Air Canada NC
11:45:21 Simconnect load flightplan exception
TSC384   A310 H C-GLAT   YUL->MBJ =x=   random airline ACA for type A310, VPA_TFS_A310_300_GE_TSC-Air Transat NC
RPA3561  E170 M N636RW   YUL->EWR ===   VPA_RAI_E170_RPA-Republic DAL
11:47:32 Simconnect load flightplan exception

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Knoblet said:

Here's an example from the log from a flight today

ENY3981  E75L M N254NN   YUL->DFW ===   VPA_RAI_E75L_ENY-Envoy
11:43:45 Simconnect load flightplan exception
WEN3543  DH8D M C-FKWE   YUL->YYZ ===   VPA_TFS_Dash8-400_WEN-Encore
11:44:36 Simconnect load flightplan exception
SKV7630  E75S M C-FEJY   YUL->LGA ===   VPA_RAI_E75S_SKV-Sky
11:44:49 Simconnect load flightplan exception
ACA607   A321 M C-GIUB   YHZ->YYZ ===   FAIB_A321CFM_ACA-Air Canada NC
11:45:21 Simconnect load flightplan exception
TSC384   A310 H C-GLAT   YUL->MBJ =x=   random airline ACA for type A310, VPA_TFS_A310_300_GE_TSC-Air Transat NC
RPA3561  E170 M N636RW   YUL->EWR ===   VPA_RAI_E170_RPA-Republic DAL
11:47:32 Simconnect load flightplan exception

 

I see, very strange. Since version 12 flight plans are always added to live aircraft (and no longer optional)  that's why you see it now I guess. However, I have never seen these exceptions...

Do you see from->too above live aircraft if you select Information - Vehicle Lables - Flight plan?

Note that I have removed this exception message from my code in the current version 12.3. Just re-download and re-install if you are already running 12.3

Nico

 

Edited by kiek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Nico,

I usually only have flight number and a/c type on but did try flight plan and nothing appeared. Next time I run, probably tomorrow I will update to 12.3

 

Thanks for the super fast support

 

Nom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated to 12.4 and the option add from/to does work in suppressing the simconnect message.

 

I have found another bug though regarding the radar scope on Real Traffic. It's permanently stuck on a North heading.

Tested it by monitoring landing traffic on 23R at Man-- landing traffic was correctly shown on a heading of 233 on the scope but not directly at my position at the side of 23. Did a test flight following a KLM from MAN to AMS with the same result. I was behind the KLM visually but not on the scope.

I confirmed this by rolling PXST to version 11.9 and everything was back to normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Knoblet said:

I have found another bug though regarding the radar scope on Real Traffic. It's permanently stuck on a North heading.

I confirmed this by rolling PXST to version 11.9 and everything was back to normal.

PSXseeconTraffic has nothing to do with the radar scope on Real Traffic... Hence I do not understand why rolling back PSXT would change anything .. ? 

Please report problems with RealTraffic to the developer (Balthasar) at Inside Systems.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I did and he did state :

the "UP" position of the radar traffic display is the current heading of your aircraft, unless stationary. If stationary (or moving very very slowly) the display can revert to north up.

Very strange this as no probs with v11.9. Is there a possible simmconect problem especially with the simconnect error messages for a flightplan??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No there is not. The flight plan option is just an information element and has no impact on headings of aircraft. And it is about live aircraft, not the user aircraft.

The radar screen in RT is a  completely separate tool. Personally I never pay attention to it, I keep that radar screen closed, saving some cpu cycles at my pc 🙂

 

Edited by kiek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On second thought, there is a difference between 11.9 am 12.0+.

In 12.0 I no longer send the heading of the user aircraft to RT, just the lat/Lon coordinates, not knowing that RT needs the heading for its Radar screen...

The lat/Lon coordinates are needed for RT to decide what traffic  and QNH it has to send. That's the only thing needed for PSXT and I want to make that protocol as light as possible.

But if you would like to continue to use the radar screen i will put it back.

 

Edited by kiek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent news and yes I use it a lot. Flying at the moment but will ownload later and report back

 

Edit:

Nah I'll do it now 🙂

Edited by Knoblet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this