Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

Left throttle doesn't advance engine thrust

This happened in FSX and it happens in P3D v4.3.  When I start the flight, APU on, turn fuel tanks on, turn hydraulics on auto in the proper sequence eg right, left, C2, C1, then push on C2, on C1.  When I start the engines, they fire up all the gauges are good, it shows them spooling up.  Then I'm ready to taxi, push the levers forward,  The throttle position arc on both throttles move. the right engine spools up, but not the left.  If I look at the upper panel, the left engine light is  illuminated off.  It is left of the APU, under the bleed air.  The button is pushed in the on position. I can't figure out what is wrong.  The only way to correct it is to start up the sim again with the engines  running.

Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

George Nacino

15 hours ago, Gnacino said:

Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

Using FSUIPC?

Kyle Rodgers

I had a similar problem with the NGX years ago - no FSUIPC. As I recalled it was a corrput panel state that caused it.

After more than a year since I last flew the 777, I have had no issues whatsoever with the throttle spooling up both the engines, and right now am in the middle of a cargo flight, and have FSUIPC too.

Yes ,I'm using FSUIPC, but I don't have anything calibrated with it.  I've been od P3D v4.3 for about a week and trying to set everything up with the T7.

George Nacino

Just now, Gnacino said:

Yes ,I'm using FSUIPC, but I don't have anything calibrated with it.  I've been od P3D v4.3 for about a week and trying to set everything up with the T7.

Make sure you have the correct version of FSUIPC for that version of P3D (how you tell, I'm not sure - check the FSUIPC page, perhaps).

Remove the FSUIPC.ini from the <sim root>\modules folder, run the sim, and look for the issue.

Kyle Rodgers

I'll try that and yes  have the correct version for P3D.  I'll report back.

George Nacino

Did that and the same results.  I've tried the different panel states that comes with the PMDG settings in the fmc and every state where  I have to start up the engines, the left thrust lever doesn't spool up the left engine, the light remains on the left engine.

George Nacino

Try pressing CTRL-E, which is the default SIM auto engine start feature. You’ll probably find you have control back of your engine. It was either a combination you pressed without knowing or something. Autostart it seems assumes control of the engine, but because it is already started, you get this. It has happened to me many moons ago.

Edited by xkoote

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

What Xander said..... I remove the default E key assignments.  Never use it as intended and it only causes problems.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Kyle,  Still having the issue.  Should I file a ticket with PMDG or should uninstall and reinstall and see if that fixes it?

George Nacino

15 hours ago, Gnacino said:

Hi Kyle,  Still having the issue.  Should I file a ticket with PMDG or should uninstall and reinstall and see if that fixes it?

George Nacino

Submit a ticket, but to be clear, I don't think this is something with the aircraft as much as the sim itself. As such, uninstall/reinstall would just waste time.

Try flying the default Baron. What happens with the throttles?

Kyle Rodgers

The Baron works fine along with the QW787 and any other twin engines plane.  I don't think it's the sim.  I think there is something with the T7.  I'm going to do a reinstall and see what happens.  If I still have an issue, I'll submit a ticket.

George Nacino

I sometimes find one,or both reverse levers unlocked,and have to right click on the reverse lever knob to stow it. I have the PFC Cirrus II,with jet quadrant.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

11 hours ago, BIGSKY said:

I sometimes find one,or both reverse levers unlocked

This is actually typical FSUIPC behaviour when you have a global (or general) setting which is overridden by an aircraft specific setting. I am talking only about Fsuipc now, it has nothing to do with P3D. I see this too only with PMDG planes but I think it has to do with the way PMDG loads the addon. There is a lot being taken outside the sim abd being set during the 20s countdown that can create strange behavior. When you press F1 on the keyboard the engines should go back out if reverse and into normal idle. Which also gives you back normal engine control.