Sign in to follow this  
P Dobson

Help request: RXP GNS 530 V2 on Carenado Seneca P34 v5?

Hi, I am trying to configure the RXP GNS530 on a Seneca P34 v5 (from Carenado) to be displayed on it own screen (external to X-Plane) but I want to just show the nav page contents, i.e. no bezel, no buttons or switches around the edge. The reason for this is that I have built a hardware replica of the GNS530 so that I can use real buttons to input data to the GNS530 The screen size is correct 5" but in display set up it want to be 1280 x 1024 pixels. Whilst I can get it to display at full screen with bezel I cannot get rid of the bezel. I have played with the GNS.ini file, but throughout the computer have found many copies of this file in different places. Most of them after modification such as "nobezel = true" automatically revert to default values (nobezel = false) so I am guessing I am modifying the wrong GNS.ini file. Pease could you help me set up how I can display at full screen size, outside the X-plane display, just the GNS530 display alone without any surrounding bezel with buttons and rotary switches on it??

I had always assumed "nobezel" meant get rid of the surrounding buttons and switches, maybe I have got this wrong??

Hope this is an easy problem to fix and it is just my understanding that is wrong.

P.S. got all the hardware bezel buttons and switches to work, so no problems there.

BR Pete D.