Sign in to follow this  
Mroberts95

747-8/F Rain Maker

Ive seen it done on the fslabs and now with the 747-8/F via tomatoshade to have a lot better rain effects.

Any chance this will come to the 747-8/F as tomatoshade does not like my super computer for some reason.

Thanks

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

48 minutes ago, akabam said:

Ive seen it done on the fslabs and now with the 747-8/F via tomatoshade to have a lot better rain effects.

Any chance this will come to the 747-8/F as tomatoshade does not like my super computer for some reason.

Thanks

Part of that comes from tomatoshade itself and part comes from fslabs itself. I don’t know if it was a beta version or not.

1 hour ago, ph-cxz said:

Part of that comes from tomatoshade itself and part comes from fslabs itself. I don’t know if it was a beta version or not.

There must be more coming from tomatoshade since people are posting pictures of the 747-8 with advanced rain features.

It just came out so not a lot of people know about it.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

You sure this isn't an issue of a 747-8, and not our 747-8? XPL, for example, has much better rain effects by default.

Kyle Rodgers

6 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

You sure this isn't an issue of a 747-8, and not our 747-8? XPL, for example, has much better rain effects by default.

Its not an issue. Its cool and the rain looks more realistic etc. Was wondering if thats something that PMDG could addon to

Mark Roberts 

Tomato doesn't do anything in regards to the rain effects. It controls and adds reflections to some degree. As with pour hobby and platform you have to try and tune it for your machine.

9 hours ago, akabam said:

There must be more coming from tomatoshade since people are posting pictures of the 747-8 with advanced rain features. 

What is "advanced rain features" in your opinion.

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

4 hours ago, Stratox said:

Tomato doesn't do anything in regards to the rain effects.

Direct from the developer of TomatoShade:

"Now to a big new feature of the new version - the refractive rain drops: this addition lays on top of the wind shield effects the aircraft itself produces. It does not create raindrops itself. To be able to see this feature, you need to have a profile for the VC applied, which has this feature activated. At the moment, only the FSLabs A319 profiles are up to date, the PMDG 747-8 VC is for an older version of the -8. You can still use it, however the profile is not complete yet.

The refractive rain works with FSLabs rain effects, PMDG Rainmaker, TrueGlass and A2A's rain effect with the Bonanza."

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 10:58 PM, akabam said:

Its not an issue. Its cool and the rain looks more realistic etc. Was wondering if thats something that PMDG could addon to

I wasn’t saying it was an issue in the negative sense. I was questioning on whether or not what you saw was a video of someone else’s product.

Kyle Rodgers

I think the rain effects were added onto via tomatoshade and was wondering was it possible to do this without tomatoshade itself.

Mark Roberts 

On 11/10/2018 at 11:45 AM, krazyk said:

Direct from the developer of TomatoShade:

"Now to a big new feature of the new version - the refractive rain drops: this addition lays on top of the wind shield effects the aircraft itself produces. It does not create raindrops itself. To be able to see this feature, you need to have a profile for the VC applied, which has this feature activated. At the moment, only the FSLabs A319 profiles are up to date, the PMDG 747-8 VC is for an older version of the -8. You can still use it, however the profile is not complete yet.

The refractive rain works with FSLabs rain effects, PMDG Rainmaker, TrueGlass and A2A's rain effect with the Bonanza."

Sounds amazing! Do they have a website or so, where they make these statements?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

3 hours ago, windshearDK said:

Sounds amazing! Do they have a website or so, where they make these statements?

Discord usually. The developer likes to maintain his privacy so he's only active when he's ready to announce a new version of TomatoShade. You can reach out to him but that again is also only possible via Discord.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 5:59 AM, Stratox said:

Tomato doesn't do anything in regards to the rain effects. It controls and adds reflections to some degree. As with pour hobby and platform you have to try and tune it for your machine.

What is "advanced rain features" in your opinion.

🧐🧐🧐🧐 yes it does sometimes it pays just to do a little bit of research before putting a comment up 

richard Nunez 

On 11/16/2018 at 2:56 AM, Richardnunez said:

🧐🧐🧐🧐 yes it does sometimes it pays just to do a little bit of research before putting a comment up  

richard Nunez  

Sorry. I was too busy waiting for your comment. 🤣

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey