Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

Downloading x Plane 11

Hello fliers, I have decided to buy and download xp 11. Instructions say it is best to download to the desktop. I have a dedicated drive I won't to install the sim on so would it be safe to direct the download to that drive? Anyone had any trouble downloading sim to a dedicated drive? thanks

Regards

Lamar Wright

I’ll try XPlane for the first time after I get my new gaming laptop by March next year. I’m planning to get it from Steam. I find it very convenient to get it from there. Have you considered that way?.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I recommend buying from Laminar directly, unless there is a Sale going on (but then Laminar will lose some money).

And no, there is no problem installing the whole package directly to the external drive. It is just not recommended to install it in "Program Files" or another special protected place in Windows. You can install X-Plane where ever you like, make duplicates of it, run beta in one duplicate while keeping the other on the stable version, you can make shortcuts to other directories, ... . And there are no entries in the registry, so you can take the external disk and put it in another pc, X-Plane will start up just fine.

• Like 2

Thanks for the information penguin and Ed it is nice to see another simmer going to x plane.

• Like 1

Regards

Lamar Wright