Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

New Lighting for the Classic PMDG NG -800WL

Thanks so much for your efforts, and your willingness to share it with us. It's appreciated.

- Aaron

That make sense. I am waiting for fslab approval for registration to download the software. Thank you David. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

On 11/14/2018 at 11:39 AM, Nyxx said:

Hi Benjamin,

There is no performance impact at all, (as long as its done correctly and they are, all part of the learning.)

I did the 747-8F first but I've learned a lot from then and am halfway through completely redoing them for the -8F.

Here is a link to the 8F and I did a tutorial and also how to install and use. 

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/19480-pmdg-747-8f/

The lighting is going to look even better in the 8F that I should finish by the end of the week/weekend. Does not work on the 400.

New V2 of the -8F finished  Reworked and ambient lighting added all lights now have a new colour.

V2 https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/19480-pmdg-747-8f-update-14th-nov-v2/

Hope all that helps?

PS you will not get the option for the Parking brake as its a bit pointless really. If you really want that light I can email you the new file.

I also did not like night flying but having lighting at this level, the experience is very rewarding I tend to start just before dawn so i get just night-dawn and day, or just before dusk-dusk and land just into night. P3D at dusk/dawn looks stunning.

Thanks for the info! THough I don't have the -8F, rather only the 'older' 400 series 😉

How are these lights controlled? Can they somehow still be linked to the switches in the VC, or is there a seperate panel to control them within the SpotLights software? In addition, can they be triggered by Boolean operators?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 hours ago, slait said:

Thanks so much for your efforts, and your willingness to share it with us. It's appreciated.

Thank you.

43 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Thanks for the info! THough I don't have the -8F, rather only the 'older' 400 series 😉

How are these lights controlled? Can they somehow still be linked to the switches in the VC, or is there a seperate panel to control them within the SpotLights software? In addition, can they be triggered by Boolean operators?

If you click on the link you quoted your answers are there.

If you only have the 400 you can not use my -8F version as the flight deck is in a different place in the 400.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi David. I have a progress. I did not realize that lights are controlled by the internal menu. So far look good. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Thank you.

If you click on the link you quoted your answers are there.

If you only have the 400 you can not use my -8F version as the flight deck is in a different place in the 400.

Thanks, indeed that answers everything! Thanks for your work on this, may have a stab at it for the 400F.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Looks really nice, however it kills my fps dramatically. It behaves the same way when I turn on all external lights and it drops fps. If I turn on external lights and internal lights fps drops down to 10. I changed graphics settings from SSAA to MSAA and it helped a bit but fps still low. 

Done loads of FPS tests before release, it has 0 impact on my pc and no one else has reported what your getting.

I will happily do some screenshots to show you.

Try a runway away from the airport and see if it’s the lights from the aircraft or the airport that’s the problem for you.

Every light was done to not light anything other than what you see. The range on the MCP bulbs is less than 2cm.

I also use 4xSSAA only one monitor not 3 like you have and a 1070

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Not really offending the software. I really like it and I intend to use it. I am just trying to figure out what is going on. Part of my problem is that I use triple monitor set, it hurts fps already. I use locked fps at 27 and the sim works relatively smooth until I start switching external lights on. I did some research and apparently there are others who have issues with PMDG external linting. If you turn all external lights On on the ground especially at the gate fps could drop by a half. Some simmers use a taxi light only because cannot use all lights. So it is not just me. Similar behavior with these internal panel lights. I did several flights past few days and every time I turn panel lights fps drop. Not all the time and not at every airports. LEBL was pretty bad today but I had apron DL enabled. I turned DL lights off and fps went up. So panel lights were fine. ORBX ESSA is bad all the time regardless if the A/C is at the gate or on the Rwy. As soon as I turn either external lights or panel light fps drop pretty bad. If I turn all of them On I am pretty much done. Maybe it depends on airport. I read in ORBX forum that other simmered were complaining about ESSA performance. I used 8xSSAA but I had to change to 4xSSAA for better fps. 

Thanks 

OK Edward. I would suggest you try what I already do. Hopefully, it will help.

First I never have DL turned on at any airport. That's a huge hit. Turn that off in all airport config.

Aircraft wise..

This is sort of how it should be done anyway...

At the gate use Dome lighting only.

After push back. Turn Dome off and turn on MCP/panel/radio.

After Cleaned to taxi, use taxi light only.

At hold short and cleaned to enter runway/take off, Taxi light off, landing lights and runway turn off lights on.

--------

After landing when you turn off the runway all landing lights off, taxi light only. 

Many people will not use SSAA at all with DL, I use 4x but am just 1080x1920 so i get away with it. Your running 3 screens Ouch!

8x SSAA is a huge hit. 

Edited by Nyxx

Hi Dave. Thanks for the tips.

So I have created two graphics profiles for Day and Night flying. In night settings I set 8x MSAA and I can use all panel lights and all external lights with good fps on three monitors. AA does not look good with MSAA but it is not too noticeable at night. My biggest concern when I take off at night and land at day time..🤔

Thanks