Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

New Lighting for the Classic PMDG NG -800WL

14 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

A stunning job Dave. Congratulations. I will download first thing tomorrow. Thanks for all your hard work for the community.

Thank you, Howard, for the kind words your more than welcome my friend. Enjoy!

4 hours ago, nizar_AF said:

Hi,

Would love to download your .ini file but as the others not members of the fslab forum I wasn't able to get it. Could you please upload it to the AVSIM library so it can be made available to everyone interested? Thank you very much for your work.

Best regards,

Fouad.

I've submitted the file here at AVSIM will post when it goes live.

17 minutes ago, mobiel said:

I've got a Problem with 737 PMDG. When it is daylight all Cockpit Lights disapear. But in Real Life you can see every light shining.

What with the default lighting or this mod? I did a flight from dawn to daylight last night and all the lights work in the daytime there is no reason at all why they would not. If you're talking about the default lighting I would send PMDG a support ticket.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Well, you need to talk to PMDG. https://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/  It has nothing to do with this mod. This mod does nothing to the default lighting, nothing at all.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I had 1 bulb left to use but I wont add this to the mod as it's not something your going to want to use much if at all?. But the last bulb i made was....It's amazing how light adds so much.

Day time shot

brake-light-day.jpg

Did you spot were?

If not night shot.

brake-light-night.jpg

I have been watching this thread and admiring the work you put into the lighting.  I love night flying and am so impressed with this mod.  I am somewhat a "mod" novice so it appears that you simply add the ini file to the plane and all works without any other tweaks?  Secondly, is it only for the 7373-800 or can it be added to the 737-700?  

I will be waiting for it's arrival in the AVSIM Library.  

Thank you for making something available to all of us.  

20 minutes ago, kenthom said:

I have been watching this thread and admiring the work you put into the lighting.  I love night flying and am so impressed with this mod.  I am somewhat a "mod" novice so it appears that you simply add the ini file to the plane and all works without any other tweaks?  Secondly, is it only for the 7373-800 or can it be added to the 737-700?  

I will be waiting for it's arrival in the AVSIM Library.  

Thank you for making something available to all of us.  

Thank you for your kind words this mod was made so I could enjoy night time flying as the default was just too painful on the eyes. But as always happy to share.

I made a tutorial here, it's for the 747-8F but explains how to install.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/19480-pmdg-747-8f/

It will only work for the 800WL I don't even know if it will work for the 800 but it will not work for the 600-700. The cabin's is in a different place.

I just got my upload here deleted as it did not have a read me so I've re- filed it. Hopefully this time. O.. it's from my own copy so you will see the brake light option lol.

Now available here at AVSIM. (It's the none parking brake version since it was just a bit of fun to add.)

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=207777

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, vc10man said:

Yes, that Forum is only for genuine FSLabs aircraft buyers. Hence, it requires Registration against your Order Number.

I registered for their forum yesterday and I have not purchased anything.  Probably will though 🙂

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Looks beautiful! I'm not really familiar with this addon, so I have two questions:

- How does this affect the performance of the plane? If it's not too bad, I might try to put in some lights in my newly acquired PMDG 747F 😄 I'm not too big on night flying but I can see it happen on long haul flights.

- How are the lights controlled? I suppose it's not going to work through the VC switches, correct? Especially curious with regards to that wonderful parking brake light you added there. Is there some sort of Boolean operator that allows you to check the state of a variable, and make the light depend on that? (e.g. if parking brake is ON, turn the light ON)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

3 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Looks beautiful! I'm not really familiar with this addon, so I have two questions:

- How does this affect the performance of the plane? If it's not too bad, I might try to put in some lights in my newly acquired PMDG 747F 😄 I'm not too big on night flying but I can see it happen on long haul flights.

- How are the lights controlled? I suppose it's not going to work through the VC switches, correct? Especially curious with regards to that wonderful parking brake light you added there. Is there some sort of Boolean operator that allows you to check the state of a variable, and make the light depend on that? (e.g. if parking brake is ON, turn the light ON)

Hi Benjamin,

There is no performance impact at all, (as long as its done correctly and they are, all part of the learning.)

I did the 747-8F first but I've learned a lot from then and am halfway through completely redoing them for the -8F.

Here is a link to the 8F and I did a tutorial and also how to install and use. 

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/19480-pmdg-747-8f/

The lighting is going to look even better in the 8F that I should finish by the end of the week/weekend. Does not work on the 400.

New V2 of the -8F finished  Reworked and ambient lighting added all lights now have a new colour.

V2 https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/19480-pmdg-747-8f-update-14th-nov-v2/

Hope all that helps?

PS you will not get the option for the Parking brake as its a bit pointless really. If you really want that light I can email you the new file.

I also did not like night flying but having lighting at this level, the experience is very rewarding I tend to start just before dawn so i get just night-dawn and day, or just before dusk-dusk and land just into night. P3D at dusk/dawn looks stunning.

Edited by Nyxx

Hi David. 

Now I don’t want to fly my NG till I achieve the same lights effect:)

Would you clarifiy few details please. 

What does that download link from the library provide?

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=207777

I understand if I want to achieve same lights effect I need to install FSL Spotlight software for P3D and start tweaking, correct? Is the a preset like profile for NG that one you use? Where can I get it? 

If I screw up something will I be able to revert lights back and start over?

Thanks so much for sharing. Outstanding job!

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

On 11/13/2018 at 10:23 AM, Nyxx said:

I had 1 bulb left to use but I wont add this to the mod as it's not something your going to want to use much if at all?. But the last bulb i made was....It's amazing how light adds so much.

Day time shot

brake-light-day.jpg

Did you spot were?

If not night shot.

brake-light-night.jpg

Nice little touch.  I like it

Matt Wilson

I am wondering if I can use that ini file without installing FSLSpotlight software. I had dropped shared ini file into Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL and I see no difference. 

Thanks 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

4 hours ago, skysurfer said:

I am wondering if I can use that ini file without installing FSLSpotlight software. I had dropped shared ini file into Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL and I see no difference. 

Thanks 

No, Edward, it will not work without FSLspotlight programme installed, ask yourself how could it?

Full instruction and tutorial can be found below. Note the only difference is this is for he PMDG -8F but since you have the ini file in the right place you should have no problems

I've now edited the NG topic with the full guild to install and use.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/19489-pmdg-ng-800wl/

I hope that helps?

Edited by Nyxx