Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

New lighting for the Classic PMDG NG we all love. 800WL

Hi,

After learning from making lights for the PMDG -8F, I thought I would push myself as far as I could and doing so I ended up using 57 out of 58 light available to me.

I please ask you take this journey with me as I think it will make what you get even more rewarding to use.

I cannot post the photo I used as a reference but after asking Jim here at AVSIM he tells me it's perfectly ok to post a link.

Before you open the photo, I chose it because of the wow factor it brings, the photo highlights (whites) are a bit over blown so you won't get that unless you turned thing up to much.

This time all the lights are going to have a Kelvin and a lot of different ones to blend.

https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/446853/ph-tfb-arke-arkefly-boeing-737-800/

First zoom in on the MCP and let's talk about the MCP, look very carefully at it. You will note.

The two other panels have light above them at first I thought it was the underside of the panel above being lit up, no it's the recess in the gap that the lights show up.

Next look at the bottom row of switchers, all in the dark but look were both end panels meet and just before they do the light reachers just to the bottom.

Note on both outer panels the light bloom that's also responsible for the recesses being lit. 

Lastly look at the LNAV button for some reason this button is in the dark. So the challenge to myself was set, and here is the result. I used 26 lights to make this, ouch!

MCP.jpg

Now please open and look at the photo again. This time the whole photo.

After studying this, the things that jump out but of course are so natural are the following.

The light being generated from the panel lights are illuminating the back of the yokes.

The splash lighting onto the FMC and at the same time the bottom the the ND's frame are almost in the dark.

The FMC's generating a blue glow that hits the panel above them.

Can I make ambient lighting? and can i try to make the FMC glow? I love a challenge. After another 25 lights and half of them being the blue glow I did my best. 

This is trying to match the photo as best as I could.

Main-Panel-Lighting-Photo-match.jpg

From the Captain's seat.

Main-Panel-Lighting.jpg

Lastly for the main panel light just one I love.

Main-Panel-Lighting-FULL-VC.jpg

Now for the easy bits......lol

The Radio panel spot light.

Radio-panel-main.jpg

A close up.

Radio-panel.jpg

Reading Lights

Reading-lights.jpg

Lastly and I have no idea why I could not make the Dome lights as I wished the overhead panel switches that should give deep shadows of the switchers don't give any shadows it must be the way PMDG make the panel if you know a why please enlighten me.

So lastly just two screen shots of the Dome lights.

From the Captains seat.

Dome.jpg

The overhead panel.

Dome-Overhead.jpg

That's it I hope your enjoy?

Glad to share with you my work.

You can find it here

• Like 5

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

This looks absolutely stunning.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

21 minutes ago, hvw said:

This looks absolutely stunning.

Thank you very much

3 minutes ago, Bob Marton said:

Great work. How can I get these, and do you have instructions on how to "install" these?

Here

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/19489-pmdg-ng-800wl/ 

I thought I had added a link in the OP at the bottom, sorry.

As for instruction have a look at my -8 post because it has full instructions just drop the NG file in your 800WL

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/19480-pmdg-747-8f/

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Great work, but if one does not have FSLLights, then this is not useable, correct?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Correct Vu, but its Free so why not?

• Upvote 1

Great job,thank you very much for sharing

however (this my opinion which doesn't undermines your great work in any way), due to PMDG design that doesn't adopt for such great tool and not providing shadows for switches, it makes them look floating above clear glass.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

@Nyxx

So this is only for P3D V4 users?

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

51 minutes ago, ph-cxz said:

It uses spotlight. But the latest version only supports p3d v4.1.

https://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/spotlights-2/

It says =    p3d v4.1. (or later)

From the DL page "---Now supports Prepar3D v4.1 to v4.3 ---" 

There is a FSX version

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/files/file/317-fslspotlights/

But no idea if ini made within P3D will work, properly not.

Edited by Nyxx

On 11/9/2018 at 11:36 PM, Nyxx said:

You can find it here

Link seems dead o.O 

Nice work btw.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

26 minutes ago, 30K said:

Link seems dead o.O 

Nice work btw.

Link works for me ? Henrik.

Here is link to the general forum.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/forum/35-fsl-spotlights/

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Link works for me

Yeah, my mistake sorry - thought that the here was supposed to be a link.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Spotlight inis for FSX and P3D are fully interchangeable, absolutely no issues. You need the latest spotlight from FSL though. 4.1 and later is fine.

• Like 1

I've just done a flight and I have change it.

I've now made the FMC glow a stand alone light. No longer ties to the main panel lights.

The file in the topic at FSL Spotlight as now got the new update..

Enjoy.