Sign in to follow this  
mspencer

P3DAO has stopped running

Hi,

Big issue here... all of a sudden the AO has stopped running since earlier today. I don't think I changed anything... it has just seemed to stop working. I deleted everything in the Appdata\Local\Lorby-SI folder but that did not solve things.

Also I updated the AO after it stopped working... no luck. It seems to crash at start.

Any ideas? Thanks!

18 hours ago, mspencer said:

It seems to crash at start.

Have a look at the Windows event log and your antivirus history. If a program crashes, the Windows Application log in the Events view should tell you why, and if it is your AV blocking it because it has decided that P4AO is malicious now (or some other person reported it as malware - that cannot be ruled out) that should be in the AV history.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

It appears it is a KernelBase.dll error.... I am not sure how to fix it but I think it is a .NET issue.

13 hours ago, mspencer said:

It appears it is a KernelBase.dll error.... I am not sure how to fix it but I think it is a .NET issue.

Sorry, I would have to see the whole error message(s) - there can be more than one entry for the same instance.

You would have noticed a .Net issue. Many (if not most) Windows applications are based on .Net - and Prepar3D itself is too. I have never heard of anything like it, but it is theoretically possible that you have a config file in your simulator that is so screwed up that it crashes the P4AO. This shouldn't be possible, but never say never in matters IT.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

The culprit has been found.

When I reinstalled FS2Crew for the Dash 8 it ran a .NET redistributable... which appears to have broken the .NET framework. Other .NET programs would not work either, attempts to remove .NET and reinstall (apparently impossible) were not successful... and it took my whole Windows install with it.

Which sucks... but it is not a P4AO issue (although this was the first symptom of a larger problem).

Thank you for the quick and responsive support though.

I didn't that this would be possible.

You should first try to reinstall other .Net versions. For example 4.6.2 for the P4AO. The is not only one single .Net in your Windows system. The .Net versions do not update each other, they are separate entities that are installed in parallel (like Java JREs do). And it should be possible to repair the one that comes with the initial Windows install (version depends on what Windows you have). Take a look at the "...Windows features..." dialog.

The same basically goes for the VC redistributables, which are for C++ programs like FS2Crew (= they shouldn't compromise .Net applications, but there is nothing that can't go wrong in IT). They all live in parallel, so you should be able to download and install working ones.

Best regards

LORBY-SI