Sign in to follow this  
ArchAngel2191

"Error: LoadLibrary failed.." when running trainer (resolving)

Hello!

I just reinstalled the RXP GTN750 and have been having an issue when I load it up. When I activate the avionics, I get an error message saying Error: LoadLibrary failed to load XXXXX.dll. GetLastError: 126. The XXXXXs are the DLL files for the Garmin trainer program. When I start trying to clear them out, I get additional messages saying different DLLs failed to load to the tune of every single DLL file. Sometimes the trainer will load up after all of that and sometimes it just crashes. I've checked the crash report and it doesn't show anything. I've taken the following steps to try and correct the problem with no success:

Uninstall RXP and Garmin Trainer and reinstall

Uninstall only Garmin and reinstall

Uninstall, disable all AV and firewall programs, and reinstall

CCleaner registry sweep (in case there were old reg entries that might have been causing a problem from the 2.1.0.0 of Garmin)

I can say for certain that the problem is the Garmin trainer itself. I have loaded the standalone launcher outside of X-Plane and it gives me the same errors. I know this isn't Garmin support, but I've tried to Google around and find an answer, but have not been successful on that front either. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated as I really enjoy the 750. The version of the Garmin launcher is 2.3.0.0 and the GTN trainer is v6.50

Thank you all in advance for any possible ideas and solutions!

Hi,

could this be you've installed the Garmin in a root folder, says D:\trainers\... (instead of D:\garmin\trainers\...) , or, you've moved the Garmin trainer files manually to another folder after installation?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello and thank you for the reply!

I've been using the default install location for the trainer. I installed it to a different location as a troubleshooting method to no avail. I only ever changed the install location via the installer and no manually.

Just to make sure, do you get this message when running the trainer standalone (manually) and/or when out GTN runs the trainer?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I've got the exact same problem.

I tried many different installations (as admin or not), only the GTN Trainers or all the trainers, following this post : 

But no luck...

Always the same error messages related to the loadlibrary failure (failed to load iop_b.dll, iop_c.dll, iop_d.dll, iop_com.dll, iop_nav.dll, iop_was.dll, nav_main.dll, prx_main.dll, dbm_main.dll, cht_main.dll, tws.dll, iop_e.dll, apth.dll, iop_sim.dll, cdp.dll)

After closing all of those dialog boxes, the trainer starts OK

Those errors are thrown when launching the GTN Trainer standalone or in Prepar3d

Configuration :Windows 10 updated / GeForce GTX1080 with latest drivers (416.34)

Thank you for the additional information. This definitely is something Garmin trainer only and I'd suggest you try contacting Garmin's support in parallel to find out their take on this issue and eventually their recommended solution.

In the meantime, we'll try to see what could be the reasons with your help.

@elheroes do you mean once closing the dialogs the trainer still runs standalone fine afterward or does it fails further down the road with other kind of messages?

Edited by RXP

Yes, once closing the dialogs the trainer works fine, either standalone or in Prepar3d (didn't tried before because the dialog boxes appear behind the Prepar3d window...)

I've even renamed all the dll in lower cases (since they are installed with capital letters and the error message is in lower cases 😉 : still no luck

@elheroes well, let's try to dig this deeper if you agree.

There are special settings you may manually add to the RealityXP.GTN.ini file in order to help finding the root cause. They are explained here:

Can you please try these settings out and let us know what the RXP log files say when loaded in P3D?

@Jean-Luc many thanks for your commitment to this issue

Here are the log files after adding the quoted lines in the RealityXP.GTN.ini file :

rxpGTN.gau.log

18/11/07 20:28:05.332 19408 -    ] # rxpGTN.dll version 2.5.7.0
18/11/07 20:28:05.332 19408 INFO ] 

rxpGtnSim.dll.log

18/11/07 20:28:07.736 19408 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.7.0
18/11/07 20:28:07.735 19408 INFO ] 
18/11/07 20:28:09.075 19408 INFO ] using: D:\Users\web2\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172\checklist.gtn
18/11/07 20:28:10.729 21848 INFO ] 
18/11/07 20:28:11.334 19656 INFO ] GTN: 00 ..\..\src\krnl\krnl_lib\sim\tsk_win_prj.c(188) Error: LoadLibrary failed to load iop_c.dll. GetLastError: 126
18/11/07 20:28:21.337 20948 INFO ] GTN: 00 ..\..\lib\acl\tsk\processors\arm\tsk_usr.c(1970) (null)
18/11/07 20:28:31.538 20948 INFO ] GTN: 00 ..\..\lib\acl\tsk\processors\arm\tsk_usr.c(1970) (null)
18/11/07 20:28:53.565 22384 INFO ] GTN: 00 ..\..\src\krnl\krnl_lib\sim\tsk_win_prj.c(188) Error: LoadLibrary failed to load iop_d.dll. GetLastError: 126
18/11/07 20:28:54.144 17796 INFO ] GTN: 00 ..\..\src\krnl\krnl_lib\sim\tsk_win_prj.c(188) Error: LoadLibrary failed to load iop_com.dll. GetLastError: 126
18/11/07 20:28:54.574 21564 INFO ] GTN: 00 ..\..\src\krnl\krnl_lib\sim\tsk_win_prj.c(188) Error: LoadLibrary failed to load iop_nav.dll. GetLastError: 126
18/11/07 20:28:54.993 22472 INFO ] GTN: 00 ..\..\src\krnl\krnl_lib\sim\tsk_win_prj.c(188) Error: LoadLibrary failed to load iop_waas.dll. GetLastError: 126
18/11/07 20:28:55.444 11624 INFO ] GTN: 00 ..\..\src\krnl\krnl_lib\sim\tsk_win_prj.c(188) Error: LoadLibrary failed to load nav_main.dll. GetLastError: 126
18/11/07 20:28:55.944 20872 INFO ] GTN: 00 ..\..\src\krnl\krnl_lib\sim\tsk_win_prj.c(188) Error: LoadLibrary failed to load prx_main.dll. GetLastError: 126
18/11/07 20:28:56.415 19464 INFO ] GTN: 00 ..\..\src\krnl\krnl_lib\sim\tsk_win_prj.c(188) Error: LoadLibrary failed to load dbm_main.dll. GetLastError: 126
18/11/07 20:28:56.889 19640 INFO ] GTN: 00 ..\..\src\krnl\krnl_lib\sim\tsk_win_prj.c(188) Error: LoadLibrary failed to load cht_main.dll. GetLastError: 126
18/11/07 20:28:57.330 22096 INFO ] GTN: 00 ..\..\src\krnl\krnl_lib\sim\tsk_win_prj.c(188) Error: LoadLibrary failed to load tws.dll. GetLastError: 126
18/11/07 20:28:57.784 20180 INFO ] GTN: 00 ..\..\src\krnl\krnl_lib\sim\tsk_win_prj.c(188) Error: LoadLibrary failed to load iop_e.dll. GetLastError: 126
18/11/07 20:28:58.263 21864 INFO ] GTN: 00 ..\..\src\krnl\krnl_lib\sim\tsk_win_prj.c(188) Error: LoadLibrary failed to load apth.dll. GetLastError: 126
18/11/07 20:28:58.805 22388 INFO ] GFX Debug: enabled.

This explains a little more. This might be a case where these trainer dll files are dependent on other(s) dll and somehow it fails to locate them on your drive.

I'd suggest the following:

1) Download and install this Microsoft tool:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

2) review this article to setup the tool and trace (log) its activity:

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/560816/Troubleshooting-dependency-resolution-problems-usi

These shall help finding out why it is failing to load these DLLs to start with.

I did try the procmon utility but didn't know how to correctly filter the results

thanks for the link !

Here are the results when filltering  by Result = NAME NOT FOUND (when starting the GTN 750 Navigator through Trainer standalone)

Process Name Operation Path
Aviation_Trainer_Launcher.exe CreateFile D:\Progs\Garmin\Trainers\Launcher\sxs.dll
Aviation_Trainer_Launcher.exe CreateFile D:\Progs\Garmin\Trainers\Launcher\cscapi.dll
Aviation_Trainer_Launcher.exe CreateFile C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\ntdll.dll
Aviation_Trainer_Launcher.exe CreateFile C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\ntdll.dll
Aviation_Trainer_Launcher.exe CreateFile D:\Progs\Garmin\Trainers\Launcher\roarclient.DLL
Aviation_Trainer_Launcher.exe CreateFile D:\Progs\Garmin\Trainers\Launcher\roarclient.DLL

@ArchAngel2191 thank you for the screnshot but this doesn't show any error? Is there a way you could save the captured log and share it online for the full picture?

@elheroes thank you as well for the additional data. Have you installed the garmin trainer in "D:\Progs\Garmin\" and is the "roarclient.dll" found at the path listed in the log? Also, is there a way you could save a capture and share it?