Sign in to follow this  
ArchAngel2191

"Error: LoadLibrary failed.." when running trainer (resolving)

I did installed the Trainer in d:\progs to give it a try but the result is the same when installing in the default folder : C:\Program Files (x86)

Did fresh reinstall in the default directory, here the complete log file with the following filters :

Path ends with dll

Result = NAME NOT FOUND / PATH NOT FOUND

exclude FAST IO / SUCCESS / BUFFER OVERFLOW / INVALID PARAMETER / IS DIRECTORY / NOT REPARSE POINT

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb3rcoid8i691hy/Logfile.CSV?dl=0

It shows all errors from the start of the launcher

The start of the navigator itself is a the end of the file from 8:07:44 AM

@elheroes unfortunately this is a log for the GTN Launcher. I'd need a log for GTN  simulator.exe instead, preferably exported as procmon file format "PML" as it has much more valuable information to try finding out the issue at hand.

I'd also prefer a non-filtered log file except just filtered on process name "GTN simulator.exe", so that I can review both successes and errors in context.

@ArchAngel2191 I thank for the PML file, much easier to deal with. Unfortunately this left me puzzled, as there is nothing in the log which shows any error in loading the DLLs?!?! However, I also notice there are no registry activity in the log file, just file activity.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I noticed that as well, but that might be me not quite understanding the procmon filters. Ill try another one and see if I can cap some reg activity. I finally got a hold of Garmin and am currently playing email tag with them to troubleshoot the issue as well.

@ArchAngel2191 The easiest is just to capture and save a full log without any filter, except filtering on the process name so that it logs only what is pertinent to "GTN simulator.exe".

The capture you've linked above was fine otherwise!

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

@elheroes this is much better, thank you. Can you confirm during this capture running the trainer standalone you've got message boxes with the 'DLL load' error? I can't see anything which would indicate any failure in the captured log.

However, I can see both of you are using COMODO (anti-virus I guess?). Can you please try disabling Comodo just prior launching the trainer and see if this has any positive consequence?

Yes, I did get the LoadLibrary error messages

I tried disabling Comodo but it didn't make any differences

I then tried running the Trainer in Safe Mode : no more error messages !

But it doesn't seem possible to run procmon in safe mode : I wanted to be able to identify some differences in the start sequence

I just purchased the plugin and during install I let the installer download and install the trainer. Separately I also downloaded the alternate zip file version of the trainer mentioned. So after installation when starting the trainer I get the following: "Error: LoadLibrary failed to load cdp.dll. GetLastError:8". This is a brand new install on a Windows 10 machine. So then I installed the version in the zip file (I'm not sure which one is the more recent) and that one works (GTN v6.21). Anybody has any ideas what's going on? Also, which specific manual talks about embedding the plugin in an aircraft panel and where is this manual file located? Many thanks!

So I noticed that the trainer version that works and was installed from the downloaded zip file is 6.21 and the plugin version in the plane is 6.50 (RealityXP version 2.5.7). It does show AIRAC 1803 which is nice but will I have any issues with an older version of the trainer? It seems the AIRAC was kept from the previous non-functioning more recent trainer version. Thanks for any help on this!

@kutyafal Hi, I've merged your discussion with the other active one about the same issue. This will make it easier to follow through.

@elheroes thank you for the additional logs, I'll review these and let you know if I find anything. This is quite puzzling, but the challenge is worth it, and your enduring patience invaluable.

Edited by RXP

@elheroes can you please review the content of this file:

"D:\Users\web2\AppData\Local\Garmin\Trainers\Launcher\Hangar\NGSEP1\Navigator_1\GTN\750\winfs_mount\assert_log.txt"

Thanks ! But I would say that your patience is quite impressive since as far as I understand the situation, it is most certain that the issue is related to a specific windows 10 configuration and the Garmin GTN Trainer, and not the RXP software

• Upvote 1

Here is the content of the requested file :

12/31/89 00:00:29 PwrCnt:228    ERR_ASSERT_CONTINUE  (47)           
    OnSecs:29.415    PwrHrs:170    SwVer:6.50.0 Rpt:0   Temp:327.67C
    F:hwm_usr_err.c                  L:712  
    MSG:Err log cleared with SW PN 006-B1026-XX                     
--------------------------------------------------------------------
12/31/89 00:00:09 PwrCnt:229    ERR_ASSERT_CONTINUE  TSK_proc_loader
    OnSecs:9.694     PwrHrs:170    SwVer:6.50.0 Rpt:194 Temp:327.67C
    F:tsk_win_prj.c                  L:188  
    MSG:Error: LoadLibrary failed to load cdp.dll. GetLastError: 126
12/31/89 00:00:10 PwrCnt:228    ERR_ASSERT_CONTINUE  SYS_Integrity  
    OnSecs:10.064    PwrHrs:170    SwVer:6.50.0 Rpt:3   Temp:327.67C
    F:tsk_usr.c                      L:1970 
    MSG:SYS_Integrity                                               
12/31/89 00:00:10 PwrCnt:228    ERR_ASSERT_CONTINUE  TSK_proc_loader
    OnSecs:10.273    PwrHrs:170    SwVer:6.50.0 Rpt:3   Temp:327.67C
    F:tsk_sim_win_crash_rp           L:141  
    MSG:Line #141 Windows crash handler called.                     
----------------------------------------------------------------------