Sign in to follow this  
ArchAngel2191

"Error: LoadLibrary failed.." when running trainer (resolving)

@elheroes thank you. There are a number of things running on your system which I suspect could be interfering, and I'm trying to cross-reference your system and @ArchAngel2191 for similarities.

Given the procmon files, I suspect something is 'interposing' between the OS and the Trainer making this failing. This could also be related to trainer-own files somehow.

Can you please try the following:

1. Open file explorer to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\bin"
  2. Rename "dbghelp.dll" to "~dbghelp.dll"
  3. Rename "CrashSender1403.exe" to "~CrashSender1403.exe"

This will effectively disable these 2 files from the trainer point of view.

It is a new 'embedded' crash reporting system added since Trainer 6.50 and since this is something typically 'low level' I'm just wondering if this would be the failure cause on your Win10 system.

In addition to Comodo, there are other items worth exploring (these could potentially interfere too):

• You are both using third party apps for protection: either FortiClient or MalwareBytes.
  • You are both running CCleaner in the background.

It could be worth trying to disable them and compare, or find a way to add "GTN simulator.exe" in their 'white list'

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I am experiencing this same issue, and I tried the above renaming of files, and it's giving the same error message. It's so strange as this has been working fine for a long time, so it must be something recent for a Windows update and the Garmin trainer. My error message ends in "126" which supposedly points to an AMD graphic issue, but I am using Nividia 1080 ti.

Cadmus Hawke

@Cadmus Hawke here is what error 126 means:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/debug/system-error-codes--0-499-

ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND
    126 (0x7E)
    The specified module could not be found.

This error means the process (GTN simulator.exe) is calling LoadLibrary() with the path to the module (the DLL), and the kernel failed to find the module at the given path. In the case of the trainer, there is just the module name without any path, which is supposed to find the module in the ".exe" folder first, where they are.

The procmon logs don't explain (or I fail to see) why it fails but ultimately manages to succeed the 2nd time, and I'm searching about this too.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I indeed use FortiClient but as a vpn client

Last test :

- disabling Comodo services

- disabling CCleaner

- disabling FortiClient

- disabling other non necessary services (Synergy, Acrobat updater, etc.)

Same LoadLibrary error messages :(

It would be great to be able to load incrementally all drivers from the windows safe mode... But I don't think there are any simple ways to do this 

And i did try the file renaming suggestion without any luck either

4 hours ago, RXP said:
  1. Open file explorer to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\bin"
  2. Rename "dbghelp.dll" to "~dbghelp.dll"
  3. Rename "CrashSender1403.exe" to "~CrashSender1403.exe"

@Cadmus Hawke you say "this has been working fine for a long time" : it is indeed working with the previous version of the Garmin GTN Trainer

To which version of the trainer do your refer ?

• Like 1

@elheroes there are other things you have had running which you may cross-check:

intel releated gfx stuff:
"C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ki125544.inf_amd64_ff9fa74ec6ebb5eb\igfxCUIService.exe"
"C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ki125544.inf_amd64_ff9fa74ec6ebb5eb\igfxEM.exe"

Alienware AlienFX Windows Service:
"C:\Program Files\Alienware\Command Center\AlienFXWindowsService.exe"

What I have just tried :

uninstalled Garmin GTN Trainer

uninstalled Garmin Express (just in case)

remove all references to Garmin in the registry (some stuff from version 6.21 where still there)

fresh Garmin Trainer install (6.50)

disabled intel storage notifications

disabled Alienware services

Still the same errors........

As we say in french ; je ne sais plus à quel saint me vouer

Comme dirait Bigard, lui il sait à quels seins se vouer 😉

Well, let's see what Garmin's contact bring as a solution, I'll see also what else we can find out.

@Cadmus Hawke this is a valid question indeed, was this working fine still with 6.50 and lately started to fail on your system?

Sacré Bigard ! Une histoire de nichons c'est toujours plus marrant qu'une histoire de drivers Windows...

Just to keep you informed, I've tried to reboot several times disabling most of the non microsoft services through msconfig, but I still get the LoadLibrary error messages 😡

@elheroes I thank you again for your enduring patience.

Can you please cross check the following registry key:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SafeDllSearchMode"

Is the type REG_DWORD and the value 1?

The SafeDllSearchMode was not present

Following windows documentation "Safe DLL search mode is enabled by default. To disable this feature, create the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SafeDllSearchMode registry value and set it to 0."

Thus I've created the key and tested with both values 0 and 1 after reboot : no change

I've been looking further into what could cause a process (the trainer) to fail loading its DLLs in any recent Win10 updates but there is no reference I've been able to find so far. There are new policies regarding DLL loading and application signing, and I've realized the trainer 6.50 DLLs, unlike v6.21, are not digitally signed. This might be something worth exploring.

Otherwise, can you confirm you've not disabled UAC on your system?

UAC is disabled on my system

I've just enabled it, did a reboot : no change

Should I reinstall the Trainer with UAC enabled ?

Haha, now we are making progress!

First, you should never ever disable UAC. If a third party vendor recommends you do, just for their add-on to work, or recommends it as "best practice", run away and spread the word.

I won't enter the details for now and I'd be more interested in the outcome first, so please yes do reinstall the trainer, the RXP software, eventually X-Plane if needed, with UAC enabled.