Sign in to follow this  
ArchAngel2191

"Error: LoadLibrary failed.." when running trainer (resolving)

I more like a Linux guy but I'm using windows since....2.0 and always have deactivated UAC without having any trouble (since Vista)

In any case, I've enabled UAC, reinstalled both the Trainer and RXP software : no difference standalone or from the sim...

Couldn't it be related to 32b / 64b dll's ?

Using the Dependency Walker I've noticed the garmin trainer dll's are 32b dll's running on a 64b windows system

Hi,

For sure, this is not a problem due to 32 bits app running on 64 bits windows.

UAC must never be disabled, regardless of the security factor, because it also has side effects to the various mechanisms apps and the system use to store information (registry, protected folders and ACLs. etc...).

Have you tried installing the Garmin GTN trainer v6.21 side-by-side and does this version runs?

Here is a download link for it:
http://download.garmin.com/software/GTN_GDU620PCTrainer_6211.zip

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

At least this is a good start!

Further on this, you both appear to have Win10 build 17134.2

However, there are much newer updates available:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows-10/release-information

I've been looking at all the KB's and although there is no specific mention of such DLL loading problem there are items which may be related indirectly.

Both GTN trainer v6.21 and v6.50 can be installed side-by-side. I'd suggest you fly with 6.21 for now, but try updating Win10 to the most recent version and see how 6.50 runs standalone as you proceed.

Can you confirm you haven't installed the most up-to-date Win10 version?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I've read through this entire thread.   This same issue is happening to me with windows 7. 

Not entirely sure it is specific to windows 10. 

@repaid22 Hi, do you mean you have Message Box appearing telling it has failed to load each DLL (there is a bunch of them) with an error code of 126?

@elheroes while we're working on the RXP GTN update to support the newly released GTN Trainer v6.50.1, is there a chance you could download and run it in the meantime, and cross-check they have resolved this issue?

You'll find the trainer download link on the Garmin website, it should be:

standalone: http://download.garmin.com/software/GarminTrainerSetup_2310.zip

online: http://download.garmin.com/software/GarminTrainerSetup_2310.exe

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc,

I may have had a role in the 6.50.1 update. As you may recall, my RXP GTN gauges were working fine in the sim, but if the Garmin app was run in freestanding mode, the screen was black. I contacted Garmin support and initially they couldn't duplicate the issue, but then we had further discussions and it looked like in freestanding mode, the trainer was not starting supernav.exe correctly, which may have been related to my screen resolution being 4K. I never did hear back again from Garmin support, but right after that, the new GTN trainer installer appeared. I haven't installed it, since I figured that it might make the RXP gauges stop working.

Sorry about that. :sad: Or maybe it was just a coincidence.

Jay

@Jean-Luc : I've just installed the 6.50.1 version : same issue

And regarding my windows version : I'm supposed to be up to date even though it's not the latest build available (17134.345)

In the Windows Update tab, I can read "You're up to date"...

@elheroes Ok for the windows version, I was wondering if this could have been an issue too. Next update will have additional diagnostic around this part of the trainer so that it may help finding out what is happening exactly.

@jabloomf1230 Hi Jay, don't worry, I'm sure there has been a number of people reporting various types of issues. It is unusual they update the trainer so soon though.

By the way, 6.50 fails to render standalone in one of our Windows virtual machine, but it renders fine under our RXP GTN control: we bypass the rendering entirely so even though the trainer standalone might not function properly on one's system, it might run better under our plugin/gauge.

We also control the memory consumption not only of our plugin/gauge, but also some major chunks of the trainer memory too, so that the final running trainer process has the less impact as possible. Next update will save an additional 120MB of RAM per device! (for the most tech savvy, launch a trainer standalone, open process explorer (task manager), and see the amount of trainer memory used and the size of the working set. Now open the simulator with our GTN and compare).

This is the kind of hidden gem which explains why not all GTN are born equal, and why the price you pay matters in the end.

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply to your question of what version I am using. I have both 6.5 and 6.2.1 installed. The error message only occurs on the newer 6.5 version.

Cadmus Hawke

@Cadmus Hawke Thank you for the additional information. I'd guess 6.21 is running fine, and 6.50 isn't?

Please note we've just released RXP GTN v2.5.8 update with support for the latest GTN Trainer v6.50.1 . I'm hoping there latest version is running better on your system and if not standalone, at least in the simulator when under our control. Just let us know how it goes.

After updating to the latest trainer (6.50.1), unfortunately I still get the popup error message (first of several) Error: LoadLibrary failed to load iop_b.dll. GetLastError: 126. This occurs both launching from the stand alone Garmin Aviation app as well as within X-Plane. After hitting OK at each popup box, the GTN screen comes on normally. However I'm not sure if there are any missing features as these error messages are surely pointing out a fault somewhere.

When launching the 6.2.11 version of the trainer (from the stand alone Garmin launcher), I don't get any error messages.

Cadmus Hawke

Hi,

I thank you for the detailed information.

Can you confirm you do have this file on your hard drive?
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\Bin\IOP_B.DLL"

Also, do you happen to have an ATI/AMD video card?

Besides, have you disabled 'themes' in your Windows? I'm wondering if this could be a factor too.