Sign in to follow this  
ArchAngel2191

"Error: LoadLibrary failed.." when running trainer (resolving)

This is definitely an issue on Garmin's end because it's also happening on the F1 versions. That and the fact that it throws the error messages right after clicking the 'power on' button on the Garmin Launcher Utility: Aviation_Trainer_Launcher.exe

Andrew Walker

10 minutes ago, Jocko Flocko said:

This is definitely an issue on Garmin's end

Yes it is but v2.5.13 attempts to correct this and it seems @Glasairmell has had success.

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello!

I just powered it on again today to make sure.  No issues.   I was running X-plane at the time also.   I was opening up 3 devices at once this time.  GTN 750, GUD 1060 and the GDU 700L.

• Like 1

Got around to checking this out..   updated my trainer to the currently downloaded one..  DLL issues loading the trainer as usual. 

Updated the GTN reality-xp software for x-plane, ended up with a blank screen..  nothing at all for the GTN 750, either intergrated into an aircraft or loaded on its own.

Removed the new trainer and used the original 6.x version.  Garmin loads just fine. 

So still doesn't work for me.. and even if it did .. it would break the f1 version for my fsx/p3dv4.

Unless there is some other troubleshooting for blank screen..  there's no toast here. 

The older trainer can still be used as a fallback at the very least, thankfully.

Thanks for all the effort.

Edited by RXP

@repaid22 Hi, please note both trainers 6.21 and 6.50.1 can install side-by-side.

Can you please post the content of the RXP log files? (see User's Manual for file/path).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

As I said earlier... you need to disable your firewall before installing the Garmin Trainer.

I had to uninstall Comodo entirely and reinstall the trainer.

Then the error stopped and all was good.

Just now, Gabe777 said:

As I said earlier... you need to disable your firewall before installing the Garmin Trainer.

I had to uninstall Comodo entirely and reinstall the trainer.

Then the error stopped and all was good.

Did not work for me. . .

On 2/22/2019 at 2:29 PM, Mark Niebauer said:

Did not work for me. . .

Oh shoot.

No other ideas.

Hope you sort it. I spent a day on this issue with the F1 750.

Good luck.

Edited by RXP

Don't.

I was unable to reinstall Comodo after. I'm stuck with default Windows firewall. As I only use the partition for simming, it's no biggie. But the Garmin trainer just periodically pukes out error messages if Comodo is installed.

Don't know why, but it simply does not like Garmin trainer, and I cannot find any way of sorting it.

I have learned not to ask "Why".... if it works, make a cuppa and have a Jaffa Cake ! 

Edited by Gabe777

@Gabe777 OK

I've just tried with Zone Alarm and it's about the same trouble : the GTN Trainer fails on one DLL and then crashes

The Garmin software has clearly some issues when a third party firewall is installed

Edit : after fine tuning ZA, it works OK

Edited by elheroes
  • Like 1

Great stuff.

Windows firewall is fine too.

Pleased that some people are finding this useful.

Of course, every time Windows updates, there is the potential for it to break stuff .... so just because it works today, doesn't mean it will next week !

GRrrrrrrrr  !

P.S. what settings did you adjust in ZA to get it working ? It would probably be better to stick with ZA, as it won't constantly reset everything, like Windows does when it updates.

Edited by Gabe777

@Gabe777 I can't tell you exactly what did the trick since I've tried a few different configuration but it's clearly related to the "Application Control" settings in the Firewall tab

I've manually added all the Trainer executables (roar.exe, Aviation_Trainer_Launcher.exe, supernav.exe, GTN Simulator.exe) and set them as Super Trusted

Application Control is ON, with first slider on max (Network firewall screens all programs) and DefenseNet set to manual

Did a reboot and now it's working fine

Hope this helps

And I suppose that something similar could be achieved with Comodo. I may try it again