Sign in to follow this  
ArchAngel2191

"Error: LoadLibrary failed.." when running trainer (resolving)

8 hours ago, elheroes said:

The only difference I can see is strangely the fourth line : "not found: C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers", strangely because the path is correct

Hi, this message would show up only if you override the path using environment variables. Are you using environment variables? If so, which are they?

[update] I've just reviewed this and it appears not all environment variables documented in the User's Manual are working as expected. I'll make sure to re-upload the 2.5.9 update with correct handling ASAP (silent update, you'll need to download manually the e-commerce installers from our website).

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Since I've got 2 versions of the Garmin Trainer (6.21.0 working OK and 6.50.1 with the loadlibrary issue) I'm using the 2 variables documented in the RXP manual to point to each of one GTNSIMDATA & GTNSIMPATH

@elheroes we've just re-uploaded the e-commerce installers with corrections to the environment variables. The User's Manual has been updated too. What I suggest you do:

1. Because this re-released version has the same version number, delete "XP11\Resources\Plugin\rxpGTN" folder in order to make sure the updated plugin installs.
  2. Download and run the e-commerce installer from our website, select "Reinstall" option like usual.
  3. Once installed, review your environment variables.

Here are the updated variable names with default paths (from the User's Manual).

I'm copying the info below to make it all in one place for you:

Set the general trainer application path, that is where the trainer is installed:
GTNSIMPATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\bin"    (Trainer v6.50)
GTNSIMPATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\bin"              (Trainer v6.41)
GTNSIMPATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GTN Trainer\GTN\sys\sim"    (older Trainers)

Set parent path to trainer data files (Resources, Audio, etc..):
GTNAPPDATA="C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\data"    (Trainer v6.50)
GTNAPPDATA="C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN"                (Trainer v6.41)
GTNAPPDATA="C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\GTN"            (older Trainers)

Set the application database path, that is where to look for all the db files (terrain, obstacle, navigation etc..):
GTNNAVDATA="C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Database"            (Trainer v6.50, v6.41)
GTNNAVDATA="C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\DB"            (older Trainers)

Configuring Aviation database files:
GTNDBFILE="C:\Users\MyName\Documents\gtn_db.bin"                (alias: GTNADBFILE)
GTNOBSTCL="C:\Users\MyName\Documents\terrain.odb2"            (alias: GTNODBFILE)

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Mine fails as well. This update is soooo faulty. If I click on the "Garmin Aviation Trainers" Icon and press "Power On" I get an C++ runtime error. If click on the "retry" button, it goes through. Then I load the sim and the GTN750 works.  There are some serious Code problems with this build.

8 hours ago, Mark Niebauer said:

There are some serious Code problems with this build.

Hi, do you mean the "Garmin Trainer" standalone has problems on your system?

In any case, our just released v2.5.11 should help solving most of the issues reported in this discussion with trainers v6.50.x, and you can still run our solution with trainer 6.41.x or 6.21 for now.

Salut Jean-Luc et très bonne année à toi !

For your information my situation is still the same : I did install the latest RXP release (2.5.11), but the same issue occurs

49 minutes ago, elheroes said:

Salut Jean-Luc et très bonne année à toi !

For your information my situation is still the same : I did install the latest RXP release (2.5.11), but the same issue occurs

Same here, still broken. Very disappointed, actually Im in the wrong Forum, I have the F1 version. I still think the latest Garmin aviation Trainer is horribly buggy and useless.

Edited by Mark Niebauer
additions

@Mark : I wouldn't say it's useless ! As far as I'm concerned once all the alert popups have been closed everything is working smoothly

Edited by elheroes

On 1/14/2019 at 3:06 AM, elheroes said:

@Mark : I wouldn't say it's useless ! As far as I'm concerned once all the alert popups have been closed everything is working smoothly

Not for me, I just get a black screen,

1 hour ago, Mark Niebauer said:

Not for me, I just get a black screen,

Did you try a few times ?

It happens that you get a black screen but eventually it'll work

I got it working now. A reinstall of the Ver 2.3 of the trainer into the C root  worked. Make sure you configure the trainer for the GTN 750.

On 1/18/2019 at 6:17 AM, Mark Niebauer said:

I got it working now. A reinstall of the Ver 2.3 of the trainer into the C root  worked. Make sure you configure the trainer for the GTN 750.

Did a fresh reinstall after major Windows update (1809)

Still the same problem........

What do you mean by "Make sure you configure the trainer for the GTN 750" ?

@elheroes I think Mark is not using the genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch product.

Besides, do you mean 'still the same Load DLL problem'?

This one is really annoying and there are not much reports to try finding a common/root cause to this. The most likely is 'something' which 'hacks' into any loaded DLL and makes it fail the first time.

Typically these are low level extensions like a Windows Explorer extension, an anti-virus, an anti-cheat system, a VPN tool, a GUI helper or even a video card driver etc... It could be something enabled in the Windows 'accessibility' settings as well.

You may want to cross check this on your system too:

AppInit_DLLs infrastructure

The AppInit_DLLs infrastructure loads a predefined set of DLLs to all user-mode processes connected with the User32.dll library (in fact, there are almost no executables, which wouldn’t be connected with it). When User32.dll is initialized, it loads the corresponding DLLs, thus performing the DLL injection into processes.

To change the way the AppInit_DLLs infrastructure behaves, you need to configure the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT \CurrentVersion\Windows registry key values. The following values are available:

Value Description Sample values
LoadAppInit_DLLs
(REG_DWORD)
Allows you to switch AppInit_DLLs on or off on a global scale. 0x0 disables AppInit_DLLs
0x1 enables AppInit_DLLs

AppInit_DLLs
(REG_SZ)

Allows you to specify the list of DLLs for loading. The items must be separated either by commas or spaces. To specify the full path to a DLL, use short file names. C:\PROGRA~1\Test\Sample.dll
RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs
(REG_DWORD)
Allows you to limit the range of DLLs only to code-signed ones. 0x0 allows loading of any DLLs
0x1 allows loading of only code-signed DLLs.
Edited by RXP