Sign in to follow this  
vitojethro

Minimise button moves P2ATC offscreen permanently

When I click the button minimize button to the left of COM1, it moves the P2ATC window off my monitors screens. I have to use the SHIFT+RIGHT_CLICK in the Windows taskbar then select MOVE then use the keyboard LEFT ARROW key until the program starts to slowly wander onto my leftmost monitor where I can then manipulate it with the mouse and resize it to a normal sized screen where I can see it. I have two monitors which may contribute to this). It took a while to figure out what was going on, because I did not know what the button was for and it appeared at first glance to be an option to minimize the program (permanently!).

Screenshot

I could replicate this happily several times, but then on another attempt, it seems to be working again, so I assume it is sensitive to the original windows position when you click the button. When it goes wrong it seems to be moving the window off screen somewhere.

Incidentally when this happened, shortly afterwards X-Plane 11 crashed as well, not sure if that was related, I would like to think it confused Windows 10 to the extent that it took X-Plane down with it!

It's a long standing quirk in the nVidia video drivers. The only solution is to drag the offending app like you did back to the primary monitor and hope it "sticks" for future app runs. I've never seen this behavior with P2ATC though.

I've had a similar problem with Airport Design Editor that's persisted for years.