Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Can't get to crossfill GTN 650/750

Bonjour Jean-Luc,

Back to the original subject: can we hope a crossfill functionality between the GTN 650 and GTN 750 sometimes next year?

- TONY -

7 hours ago, Simicro said:

Bonjour Jean-Luc,

Back to the original subject: can we hope a crossfill functionality between the GTN 650 and GTN 750 sometimes next year?

I believe that is a function lacking in the Garmin trainer itself.  And that is the core of the simulator gauges.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

So the GNS Garmin Trainer do offer crossfill but not the GTN Garmin Trainer?

- TONY -

4 hours ago, Simicro said:

So the GNS Garmin Trainer do offer crossfill but not the GTN Garmin Trainer?

There is no RXP Garmin Trainer.  The Garmin Trainer is the Garmin Trainer, by Garmin.  Please understand.  RXP utilizes the Garmin Trainer and adapts it as best as possible for the simulator.  RXP is unable to do with the Garmin Trainer what the Garmin Trainer has not been designed to do.  Garmin did not design crossfill into the Garmin GTN Trainer.  That was a Garmin decision, not an RXP decision. 

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hello Franck,

What I now understand is that there is one and only Garmin Trainer by Garmin used for all RXP products.

Despite crossfill not being available in the Garmin Trainer, RXP achieved to make it happen for the RXP GNSv2.

So it should be possible to make it happen for the RXP GTN too?

- TONY -

14 hours ago, fppilot said:

RXP is unable to do with the Garmin Trainer what the Garmin Trainer has not been designed to do.

This is partly true: our implementation features a number of functions not designed in the trainer. This is always custom RXP code on top of the trainer, or at a lower level on top some of the trainer internal functions normally not active by default.

We've been working on the GTN cross-fill function some time ago, but we've had to postpone due to workload and overall performance not reaching our higher standards. I don't despair we'll enable this in the future, but I can't vouch on it yet.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Sure I understand Jean-Luc and thanks for explaining, sharing and also taking into account performance.

If someday crossfill becomes available for GTN 650 and 750, that would be a nice bonus or reward for (good) RXP customers (since they have both GTN).

• Like 2

- TONY -