Sign in to follow this  
jobepilot

AI aircraft help required

Hi 

I have been using FAIB models, and I use AI editor which shows a particular aircraft as good, and the variations.  I am using PSXseecon and that is giving me errors saying the models cannot be created.  I am told this is an AI issue.  What stops an AI being created ? 

Example errors: AAL A321  "FAIB Airbus A321-200SL IAE AAL American Airlines"  could not be created ?!, reg_code: N976UY
AFR GLEX  "F1UT2_F70.AF.YS"  could not be created ?!, reg_code: 
AAL A321  "FAIB Airbus A321-200SL IAE AAL American Airlines Transcon WiFi"  could not be created ?!, reg_code: N102NN
UAL B739  "WoA_FAIB_FSX_B737-900_W_UAL-United Airlines N737X"  could not be created ?!, reg_code: N37434
UAL B739  "FAIB Boeing 737-900SSW UAL United Airlines"  could not be created ?!, reg_code: N75428
UAL B739  "FAIB Boeing 737-900SSW ER UAL United Airlines Eco Skies"  could not be created ?!, reg_code: N75428
UAL B739  "FAIB Boeing 737-900SSW ER SN UAL United Airlines Special Olympics"  could not be created ?!, reg_code: N75428

The aircraft are not in P3D, they are on my C drive in seperate folders.  UTL liveries work fine, and so do the FTX ones in seperate folders.  But the FAIB aircraft will not load into P3DV4.  

I seem to remember this being a simple process in 2004, and FSX.  P3D is a different matter.  It may well be the models are not suited to P3DV4

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

You need to add the AI aircraft folder to the simobjects.cfg.  Otherwise, they will not display in P3D.

Best,

Jim Harnes

AAL A321  "FAIB Airbus A321-200SL IAE AAL American Airlines Transcon WiFi"  could not be created ?!, reg_code: N194UW
AAL A321  "FAIB Airbus A321-200SL IAE AAL American Airlines Transcon"  could not be created ?!, reg_code: N905AU
AAL A321  "FAIB Airbus A321-200SL IAE AAL American Airlines Red Sharklet Tips"  could not be created ?!, reg_code: N920US

FAIB models are definitely suited to P3Dv4, I am not sure if there were earlier versions, have you downloaded the latest versions from the FAIB website.

I am not familiar with that software you refer to, I use AIFP to compile by AI and create .bgls for each airline, but you don't need anything special just to install the aircraft. Could you clarify what exactly you are trying to do? I note you say you've added the aircraft  simobjects.cfg. Have you correctly configured it to find the correct folder on the separate drive?

Ian S

38.jpg

I forgot to add them to the simobjects.cfg so P3D didnt know where they were installed.  All working now error free.  Must be getting old :)) 

Cheers for the help