Sign in to follow this  
Johnwag

Hat Switch panning

I've not found how to set up the hat switch on my Saitek Pro Flight yoke to pan like it did prior to installing Chase plane.

In P3D v4, I've unselected the hat switch for panning.

In CP Control Assignments next to pan left and pan right under axis, when I click on 'blank' in the window that comes up, it doesn't recognise when I move the hat switch on the yoke - it's not making the assignment. It will recognise

one of the Saitek throttle quadrant levers and it recognises if I turn the yoke (roll) but it can't recognise the hat switch.

The hat switch was working fine yesterday before I installed CP.

If I close CP or not load it when I start P3D, and assign the hat switch as previous then it still no longer works to pan the view.

Perhaps by chance the hat switch button has failed at the same time as I installed CP???

I've tried to find an answer but may have missed it in the documentation.

Help would be appreciated because now I don't think I can use the sim.

Thanks

John 

I think I found what I needed to do....

It appears that CP didn't recognise my Saitek Pro Yoke until I had moved the control column - i.e. left/right/nose down/nose up.  After having done that I could assign the pan to the hat switch.

Next issue I'm trying to resolve is why the zoom level resets to 56% every now and then?  I normally operate on 70% and (I think) have set that up with the various presets ???

John 

• Like 1

Expect this topic will be helpful to other users here. Appreciate you coming back to post the resolution you found!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, Johnwag said:

I think I found what I needed to do....

It appears that CP didn't recognise my Saitek Pro Yoke until I had moved the control column - i.e. left/right/nose down/nose up.  After having done that I could assign the pan to the hat switch.

Next issue I'm trying to resolve is why the zoom level resets to 56% every now and then?  I normally operate on 70% and (I think) have set that up with the various presets ???

John 

Recheck the axis assignment for pan for your control column.