Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

an idea

Hello, i have an idea:

a platform in where you can rent an airport. For example, if i want to go from Barcelona to Venice, i rent those airports for the time of the flight (a Little bit more) for example: 3 hours. That would mean, 3 euros. Like this, you dont have to buy an airport that maybe you Will not use never more. Like this, every time i want to go to venice, i Will pay3 euros. I would have to go 10 times to venice to reach the Price of it. Some people may not want to pay, but some people like me:yes!.

• Like 3

Pretty sure that’s the landscape we’re all are going to be in 2-3 years from now

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

46 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

Hello, i have an idea:

a platform in where you can rent an airport. For example, if i want to go from Barcelona to Venice, i rent those airports for the time of the flight (a Little bit more) for example: 3 hours. That would mean, 3 euros. Like this, you dont have to buy an airport that maybe you Will not use never more. Like this, every time i want to go to venice, i Will pay3 euros. I would have to go 10 times to venice to reach the Price of it. Some people may not want to pay, but some people like me:yes!.

Interesting. How many addon airports I have purchased and used less times then I have fingers to count. 

Kind of like a Netflix for add-ons? Rent with option to buy.

Edited by PATCO LCH
  • Like 1

Vic green

Yeah it's a software model some companies are starting to explore.  I wonder though if software written like this would somehow be easier for the hackers to steal for full-time use.  I'm an IT guy but the cyber stuff is moving quicker than I can keep up with.

I've got a self-imposed mortarium on buying any new airports until I visit the ones I've already purchased!

Mark

• Like 2

God no, hell no, and did i mention, (heck) NO!!!

Edited by charliearon
We get your point!
  • Like 4

Great idea!

Also, we could have mandatory commercials at tod, maybe skippable if you pay a certain amount.

Pushback? That will be $5 please.

Fuel truck you say? .....

🤣

• Like 2

-Roland

I guess I'm not understanding or agreeing with this concept.

With the renting idea, a few basic things to consider: 

• will all developers participate? who decides?
  • which airports, all of them? cities too? which ones, the closest only? or what if where I want to fly is not available? If all airports are available, then we already have it! Its called P3D!
  • what about standards of quality? - them standards will suffer if rental is a dollar an hour, and because there is no guarantee of anybody renting the product.
  • how much would the platform cost? Free?
  • what about the airplanes, rent them too?
  • What about alternates? I usually have 2-4 alternates in my plan.

What if I intended to fly from KDFW to KELP IFR; KELP has an Airforce base (KBIF) 2 NM northeast that can very well be mistaken for KELP, will KBIF just not be there or will I have to rent that too for realism?

If you're talking a single developer (whether LM or LR) could develop a platform with the whole world in, for example Flightbeam/True Earth quality, but somehow block all airports until somebody rents one, this would be a total shame and waste. 

It is very obvious that the majority of this community over several decades has totally dismissed this idea of incomplete flight sim platforms.

The way and as much as I fly, it could cost me $1000-$4000 a month, and I would own nothing!  

If Lockheed Martin could/would hire (people from) quality add-on companies so they could go totally full time (even overtime) developing (scenery aircraft utilities), this would get us where we need to be.

Edited by pracines
  • Like 2

The concept sounds great but the practical application and usability might not be that easy 

Hmm, absolutely not! It will be going down the road of subscription simming. Like so many things today, drip, drip money out of your acccount. The day that happens is the day I hang up my simming jacket. EDIT: Actually, it may be a good idea as an option, but not if it was mandatory.

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Too much hassle and probably money, too. Too many incidental airports/towns along the way. I don't want to have to do that much thinking and planning about scenery before I would fly somewhere.   If that sytem became mandatory,  I would just lock my sim down where it is now, fly, and be happy.

Jeff

• Like 1

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Won’t happen .

Developers are there to make money and waiting for someone to rent an addon is a very unsure concept...

And for us Fs pilots : imagine 4 flights  per week = 4X 2 euro = 8 euro per week = + 400 per year = 1000 euro in 2.5 year...

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Most people rant about couatl (which would be a realistic tool to realize such a time-based system), but a lot of people like the idea of a rent system.

This doesn't fit together.

Regards, Sebastian

As things are never white or black, there is the wonderful option that a person can choose whether to buy an airport or rent it. The best thing in this world is to have the option to choose.
There are certain airports that I only want to go to once in my life. With respect to piracy, currently all the airports that are sold are also pirated. With which, one still has the option to choose whether to buy or download them. So I would not think about the pirates at the time of offering the rent of an addon.
with the passage of time I have discovered that I do not wish to possess things eternally. That I am happy using them from time to time. Imagine 20,000 users paying more than ten times the rent of Barcelona, San Francisco, etc ...

There may also be new developers that offer this idea apart from those that already exist. After all, I could design an airport and rent it myself.

That’s thinking outside the box for sure, however I personally wouldn’t like that idea, I enjoy Knowing that right now I can start the flight sim and use it for 4 hours and it won’t cost me anything (other then my “overhead” cost you can say)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel.