Sign in to follow this  
Chandler

Searching the bottleneck

Hi all,

I was wondering, if any of you guys have a clou, what the problem could be. As you see, I got modest FPS on my system, but no CPU core nor the GPU are nearly at its full capacity. Could there be another issue I'm not seeing? At least one should be at its limit, or is this a normal picture? I honestly have expected more than this. Thanks for any advise...

67Aq7v.jpg

Edited by Chandler

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

So I figured out, it was probably related to the FS Labs Airbus, tried it again with the PMDG 747 and now the load is at 100% at core 0 and the frames are doubled. Maybe there was something wrong with it.

Edited by Chandler

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

hmmm  ....maybe the memory is the bottleneck with the FS Lab graphic. 

I know Westman is an FS Lab user with a big mem overclock ...Westman, you out there? can we get a fs lab 3200 vs 4000+ test.  🙂

2 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

BTW  ...nice over clock  ....or so it seams.

Can we see a full graphic on the PMDG 747?

Sure her you go, 747 @ LHR

NTAs0r.jpg

2 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

hmmm  ....maybe the memory is the bottleneck with the FS Lab graphic. 

I know Westman is an FS Lab user with a big mem overclock ...Westman, you out there? can we get a fs lab 3200 vs 4000+ test.  🙂

Yeah the Corsair is not very good, but it was build in, so I'll change that in the near furture...

Edited by Chandler

Wow, the difference in FPS is huge. I'm impressed with an 9900K and still the FSL eats so many frames. What it needs really to run smoothly at Heathrow? I have an 7700K and have similar experience.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

21 minutes ago, Chandler said:

Yeah the Corsair is not very good, but it was build in, so I'll change that in the near furture...

Yeah, that is a nice overclock (it seems*). The core usage is also encouraging.  Cheers!

I hope Westman chimes in with regard to the FS Lab memory question.

13 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Wow, the difference in FPS is huge. I'm impressed with an 9900K and still the FSL eats so many frames. What it needs really to run smoothly at Heathrow? I have an 7700K and have similar experience.

Yes the FSLabs is weird, it doesnt use core 0 as much, in the same scenario I got around 40 FPS with the FSL 319.

3 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

Yeah, that is a nice overclock (it seems*). The core usage is also encouraging.  Cheers!

I hope Westman chimes in with regard to the FS Lab memory question.

5.3 was only for a test, its not stable, 5.2 is max durable so far.

4 minutes ago, Chandler said:

5.3 was only for a test, its not stable, 5.2 is max durable so far.

I'd take the 5.2 and call it a day! A good day!  🙂

My professionally built computer from Chillblast in England with a 8086K was overclocked to 5.0. Maybe they could have got it a little higher but stability is everything. Would 0.2 give me a noticeable difference? I doubt it.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

What's the GPU usage at?

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

My professionally built computer from Chillblast in England with a 8086K was overclocked to 5.0. Maybe they could have got it a little higher but stability is everything. Would 0.2 give me a noticeable difference? I doubt it.

Down to the last nano second

-Nasty Built of Silicon Valley 

:-)

8 hours ago, Luke said:

What's the GPU usage at?

Cheers!

Its around 50%.