Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

KSFO - Grass on runways

Hi,

Was up in the A2A Bonanza this afternoon exploring recently installed ORBX FTX KHAF (Half Moon Bay Airport) when I thought I would pop over to KSFO to see whether there were any significant performance issues while flying this superb a/c. I tend to stay away from KSFO as frame rates usually plumit to the low twenties/high teens.

As I dropped in altitude I was surprised to see texture problems manifesting as 'grass' on the runways. here are a couple of Top-Down shots illustrating the problem:

KSFO (at altitude)
2INvxGH.jpg

KSFO (closer to the deck)
cVKXgPg.jpg

Presuming this to be an elevation issue I tried ORBX's AEC (KSFO not listed, but I ran it anyway) and PILOT's AFM Configurator, both without any success. Then I tried Verifying the files for ORBXs' Northern and Southern Californian installations using the option provided in FTX Central v3.3.1.4. No joy there either.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike, just carried out a quick fly over, not getting the green runways, normal surface here,

bob

w10

4 minutes ago, onebob said:

Hi Mike, just carried out a quick fly over, not getting the green runways, normal surface here,

bob

w10

Hi Bob,

I don't doubt it for a moment...hence my request for help 🙂

Regards,

Mike

9 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

I don't doubt it for a moment...hence my request for help

I was just confirming it was a local issue on your setup,

I suppose the first port of call is resetting the shaders file.

bob 

Having another look at your photo it appears you are running different scenery, I'm using ftx region

bob

19 minutes ago, onebob said:

I'm using ftx region

bob

Likewise. But you may be onto something - I’ll check everything relevant has been enabled. Pretty sure that is the case. These days I only enable airports relevant to a particular flight as optimises loading speeds of the sim.

Mike

Hi Bob,

I was wrong...again! Must stop doing daft things like this!

KSFO (After!)

U51hdyQ.jpg

I blame Windows 10 🤬 Problem is I have spent so much time over the past couple of weeks getting Windows 10 licked into shape that I have been neglecting the sim and forgot what scenery was and was not enabled/active.

Now I'm back with my first love Windows 7 and rediscovering the delights it has to offer. Not saying Windows 10 is bad...just a tad different and, in my case, in dire need of cosmetic adjustments..lol

Regards,

Mike...and many thanks!!!

Edit: Heard the latest....

https://wccftech.com/windows-10-bug-downgrading-pro-licenses-home/

• Like 1

That's good Mike, however the news about the w10 ( lastest ) bug  is a bit worrying.  I went from w7 pro to w10 pro, I think I missed the last bug update to 1809 just by hours, at the time I could' figure it out why it wouldn't update and of course they had postponed it.

bob

1 hour ago, onebob said:

That's good Mike, however the news about the w10 ( lastest ) bug  is a bit worrying.  I went from w7 pro to w10 pro, I think I missed the last bug update to 1809 just by hours, at the time I could' figure it out why it wouldn't update and of course they had postponed it.

bob

I think they have probably fixed it by now. What I find concerning are the evident inadequate testing procedures prior to release of each update. It’s not as if this was a one off either, they have history with 1809. Hopefully this latest embarrassing episode will ‘encourage’ them to knuckle down and get things right.

Suffice it to say I have locked down Windows 10 Pro at 1803, possibly for the next 6 - 12 months. It seems stable enough without any unwelcome surprises thus far. Hopefully by then the dust will have settled and there will be a clear path to follow free of risk and unnecessarily time-consuming hassle. Also, Windows 7 Pro has not received any updates for the past 6 months and continues to run like a dream. In reality all we really need to survive are regular backups along with sensible browsing habits, a healthy level of suspicion / mistrust for anything Internet / email / MS .......and, of course, decent firewall / antiviral / antimalware solutions standing at the gate to intercept any malign influences that may attempt to slip through.

Regards,

Mike