Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

My Sims...and gotta love Steam

When I lost my old system last year I lost a lot of software I had purchased.  I had four sims, with my new system and Xplane11 added, I have five:

P3DV4

Xplane11

Wings of Prey

No Limits Coaster Sim 2

TrainSim 2019

Thanks to Steam, I was able to resurrect Trainsim and Wings of Prey over the past couple of days.  Although I am not big on shoot 'em ups, I felt Wings of Prey was the best arcade style sim remembering WWII, and I especially love to fly the Battle of Britain sorties, I can only imagine how adrenaline must have kicked in for those protecting the United Kingdom in those days, as well as the poor Axis pilots forced to fly missions they did not want to, which one solemnly has to remember on Veteran's day.

Anyway, short post.  What about y'all, what sims do you have?  I forgot to mention I also have the freeware orbiter sim.

John

1 hour ago, Cactus521 said:

Anyway, short post.  What about y'all, what sims do you have?  I forgot to mention I also have the freeware orbiter sim.

John

Just about all of them 😃

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Just about all of them 😃

Yup, same here, in fact I think it would be quicker to list the ones I haven't got, and I can't think of any at the moment. 🙂

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

In my sim collection (that I can think of) in no particular order, I have the following (and how much I use them):

• X-Plane 11 (almost everyday, time permitting)
  • FSX Steam Edition and Original (used to my main sim up until 4 years ago, now never used)
  • P3V V3 (temporarily became my main sim after FSX for about 1 year but got too expensive and I got into X-Plane at that time)
  • War Thunder (I use it VR from time to time but very rarely these days)
  • American Truck Simulator (use it fairly regularly - a great sim for reliving road trips 🙂)
  • Goat Simulator (picked it up for next to nothing in a Steam Sale. Was fun for 5 minutes experimenting with the physics)
  • Gary's Mod (not a simulator per se but sort of a physics simulator - mess around with mods from time to time)
  • DSC World (great in VR but I find the learning curve a bit to steep and my interest is more in civilian flight sims)
  • Train Sim World with some payware add-ons (use from time to time, great graphics but soulless world and I am not so interested in trains as planes)
  • Project Cars (not really a sim but sort of I suppose. I play it from time to time)
  • European Truck Simulator (I haven't used it since American Truck Simulator was released)
  • Flight Sim World (have not used it since Dovetail ditched it but was enjoying its evolution up until then)

Out of the list above, for me the clear winner is X-Plane 11. Best 60 USD I ever spent. American Truck Simulator is the only other sim I would see myself going back to in an 'interested' way as they release new add-on states.

Edited by steve310002

This is everything I have installed:

- P3D
- Aerofly FS 2
- American Truck Simulator

I own a few more but most are old and not in use. I am looking for a relaxed and non-violent building sim though, like Banished (I like the atmosphere but don't like the kids dying during winter and it's a pretty hard game, I think) or Cities Skylines (which is way too complicated: too much to take care off). Stupid thing is that I want something simple and relaxed that will keep me entertained nonetheless... which is hard to find in one game. 😉 But er... I am straying off topic. The above is everything I have installed and play: I am done playing other games.

I love Steam too.  makes life quite easy.  My flight sim is XP11 (not on steam though).  I also have AFS2 which I did get through Steam - not sure if theres any other way to get it - and Im really glad I discovered the Truck Simulator Series.  The first one I found was American truck sim and it made me buy ETS2 but I prefer ATS.  I have some racing games but Im just not as fast as I used to be and I pretty much always come in last even when racing 'beginner' AI. 

I did pick up a fun little game called Orbital Racer not too long ago and I also have a sim or sorts called Lunar Flight that is a 3D version of the old Lunar lander arcade game which I used to spend hours playing. Its a lot of fun and I recommend it.

Edited by sightseer

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

9 hours ago, steve310002 said:

In my sim collection (that I can think of) in no particular order, I have the following (and how much I use them):

• X-Plane 11 (almost everyday, time permitting)
  • FSX Steam Edition and Original (used to my main sim up until 4 years ago, now never used)
  • P3V V3 (temporarily became my main sim after FSX for about 1 year but got too expensive and I got into X-Plane at that time)
  • War Thunder (I use it VR from time to time but very rarely these days)
  • American Truck Simulator (use it fairly regularly - a great sim for reliving road trips 🙂)
  • Goat Simulator (picked it up for next to nothing in a Steam Sale. Was fun for 5 minutes experimenting with the physics)
  • Gary's Mod (not a simulator per se but sort of a physics simulator - mess around with mods from time to time)
  • DSC World (great in VR but I find the learning curve a bit to steep and my interest is more in civilian flight sims)
  • Train Sim World with some payware add-ons (use from time to time, great graphics but soulless world and I am not so interested in trains as planes)
  • Project Cars (not really a sim but sort of I suppose. I play it from time to time)
  • European Truck Simulator (I haven't used it since American Truck Simulator was released)
  • Flight Sim World (have not used it since Dovetail ditched it but was enjoying its evolution up until then)

Out of the list above, for me the clear winner is X-Plane 11. Best 60 USD I ever spent. American Truck Simulator is the only other sim I would see myself going back to in an 'interested' way as they release new add-on states.

For me Xplane11 and P3DV4 have always been a tossup in my use of them.  Some weeks I will fly Xplane11 more and others P3DV4 more.  With P3D I have more add on aircraft, more photoreal scenery.  With Xplane11 I just have central Arizona photoreal I spun with Ortho4XP, my Aerobask Eclipse, some fine freeware airports and aircraft, a Carenado PC12, but not as many aircraft to choose from as P3DV4.  I do prefer Xplane11's autogen, atmospherics, mesh, landclass--I think its default scenery excels, especially at night.  I prefer the way it models variable winds more than P3DV4, I have a better recreation of the chop I used to fly in when taking flight lessons.  Still it is a 50/50 tossup for me which makes me quite happy, less chance of getting bored with one sim over the other, and both have great support from their developers.

No Limits Coaster Sim 2 has outstanding support from its German developers.  Arguably the most realistic and immersive coaster sim made, except there are no people on the trains which although would add to the immersion, would probably hurt the excellent performance the sim has on modern systems, even ten year old systems like my old computer.

Train Sim 2019 is outstanding to ride on my system and there is a cool sensation of speed on the various trains it has, plus you can go back into the pax compartment of some trains.  I Eurailed thru Europe quite often in the 80's and early 90's and the sim brings me back to those days, those sights and sounds.

I tried the European Truck Sim once and thought it was nice, although repetitive. 

John

Just P3DV4 and FSX Steam as a retro sim for A2A Connie and PMDG DC6. I filled the FSX with retro airport sceneries from California Classics. That's about all I have time and money for.

Vic green

From Steam only:

- Euro Truck Simulator 2

- Ship Simulator Extremes

- Then I buy every stuff for IL-2 Great Battles directly from the developers store.

- Same with War Thunder.

- Aerowinx PSX does not exist on Steam 🙂

But although I lost pretty much all interest / patience to play civil simming, I'm hoping for two upcoming tittles: Deadstick Flight Simulator ( Steam ) and the Aerosoft World of Aircraft - Gliders, I'll probably add the first to Steam too, because the Aerosoft simulator will most probably be standalone ( ? ) 

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...