Sign in to follow this  
Muskoka

Control/Manipulate P2ATC in Vr....

Not having any luck "working with" the P2ATC window in Vr.

If I load Xplane from Oculus Home I can use Dash to bring in the P2ATC window and pin it. Problem is I can't interact with it in any way, without going back to the virtual desktop in Dash. Kind of defeats the whole purpose.

Or, I can can use the "MoveVr" plugin for Xplane, and open the P2ATC window that way, but as above I can't interact with the window in anyway. Not using the touch controllers, or the virtual mouse.

Is anyone able to interact with the P2ATC window while using the Oculus Rift in Xplane?

Edited by Muskoka

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Well I actually got this to work with MoveVr. I tried different things, changing window size, moving windows front to back, and vice versa, but I think what "fixed" the issue, I needed to run Xplane in admin mode. P2ATC was already in admin mode.

I need to retrace some steps to confirm that was the issue. Also need to get a good flow in place. I think you pretty much have to get your flight all setup in P2ATC first, before going to vr in Xplane, as it's a bit of a hassle with the popup windows for way points and the like. Once everything is setup flight wise, and your ready to request clearance, it works pretty well from there, without the need to remove the headset. I'll find out more I guess after doing a full flight.

Edited by Muskoka

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Unfortunately you can't see the Sayit drop downs in vr, guess I'll need to start talking. 😶

Another option that would be nice is the use of a button on the Oculus touch controllers for Ptt. I fly the Zibo mod in Xplane using nothing but the touch controllers, and not being able to bind a touch controller button means I need to plugin a controller just for a Ptt button, I don't use the mouse at all when flying, or the keyboard.

Edited by Muskoka
  • Upvote 1