Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

Hardware issue

Good day all. 

I am trying to identify the reason of pitch issue. The aircraft keeps climbing and it is very difficult to level it off. After takeoff she starts climbing about 3000-5000 fpm while hands flying. When I try to push the yoke she barely reacts and keeps climbing losing speed. When I finally level off and release the yoke the aircraft tends to climb again. Using trim does not help at all. When I engage the A/P everything slowly returns to stable climb. On final decent when I discontent the A/P she starts climbing again. It is nearly impossible to pitch down. The roll and yaw axis work fine.

I thought I had yoke issue. When I do flight control check I see no issues with pitch axis. The elevator declines up and down full range. When I push trim button I see trim is working fine. I check the yoke calibration via W10, DViewer software, and P3D4 control settings, all looks normal. The yoke is new and I have no issues at all with other aircraft like NG, QW787 etc. only 777. I have another spare yoke and when I tried that one I noticed the same pitch issue. So it does not look like my yokes are bad. I set controls via P3D4 controls settings, not via FSUIPC. I reinstalled 777 few days ago for another reason and this issues still persist. Long turn panel state.

Thanks for looking   

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hello,

What is the trim value when autopilot is engaged compared to the one when it is disconnected?

Are you sure that your CG is within the limits? A  strong nose up tendendy may be symptomatic of a CG that too aft.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Thanks for the reply.

Well. Now all my aircraft have pitch issues. Did some tests and elevator was not moving full range. Obviously my new ACE yoke has issues. I am testing my Go Flight yoke now which just came back from repairing. I can’t believe new $800 yoke stopped working in two weeks. 

Will report back. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

So my repaired Go Flight yoke is working fine. 777 is flying fine as well. Apparently my new ACE yoke was slowly dying and effected 777 first and then all other aircraft. 

Thanks