Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

AirDailyX news

Hello all,

I have previously, mentally renamed this site to  AirAlmostDailyX news, but recently I feel this should be upgraded to AirAlmostWeeklyX news.

Has anybody got any idea about what is going on over at that site.  It used to be (for me) a compulsory daily visit but I rarely bother now ... Maybe once a week and it very rarely has anything not previously covered by FSelite News,  when I do bother.

Despite my, perhaps ribald, comments, I do actually miss them and hope they can make a comback.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I switched to FSElite because of no news on AirdailyX. 

I mean there is no constant flow of news in the FS world like in realworld but they are veeeery slow at AirdailyX. 

Edited by Rhinozherous

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Nico's plans for the flightsim world were obviously more ambitious than he was able to cope with on a practical level.  All the initiatives backed by him, including AirDailyX have fallen flat.  I'm not sure what his vision of the end-game was originally, but he has caused alot of collateral damage with fligthsim projects he publicly committed to.

• Like 3

Erich,

I do not know who "Nico" is or what his plans were. Nor what collateral damage hne may have  caused.  

Could you please elaborate (via PM if necessary) please

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

25 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Erich,

I do not know who "Nico" is or what his plans were. Nor what collateral damage hne may have  caused.  

Could you please elaborate (via PM if necessary) please

Regards

Tony

Nico Lumermann is the guy who took over AirDailyX from D'Andre Newman.  He is also the guy Matt Davies  partnered with, as well as the financial backer of POSCON (Matt Davies was appointed technical lead for the POSCON project by Nico).    

So to date, AirDailyX has fallen flat, as have most of Matt's projects, including POSCON it would seem.  No idea about the business details specifically between Nico and Matt but it appears the financial backing wasn't what it was assumed to be by Matt.  Nico is a successful investment banker on Wall Street and it appears that he may have agreed to fund alot of Matt's projects (that was Matt's assumption).  That didn't seem to be the reality as it turns out,   It's all muddied water at the moment, but that's the gist of it based on publicly available information.

Erich,

Thanks mate .. I now know what and wherefore you speak of. Many thanks.

Very much of a confused state of affairs existing here and I am now, no longer surprised, about what is happening. May be a little premature, but I feel we may have to write AirAlmostWeeklyX off when/after they proceed majestically through AirAlmostMonthlyX to AirAlmostAnnuallyX to almost inevitable extinction.

Pity

regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

8 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Erich,

Thanks mate .. I now know what and wherefore you speak of. Many thanks.

Very much of a confused state of affairs existing here and I am now, no longer surprised, about what is happening. May be a little premature, but I feel we may have to write AirAlmostWeeklyX off when/after they proceed majestically through AirAlmostMonthlyX to AirAlmostAnnuallyX to almost inevitable extinction.

Pity

regards

Tony

AirDailyX thrived as a news website because D'Andre was a very passionate flightsimmer - which showed in the way the news was presented.  D'Andre also had good relationships with developers so he'd get early scoop on new stuff which is critical to running any news site.   Sadly that doesn't exist anylonger  

FSElite seems to have filled the void and does it very well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Erich,

I have to agree.  I am really enjoying FSelite and wish it well in the future.

I also miss (and I cannot remember the name .... old age) the site dedicated to XPlane.  Now there is a programme starting to go places and really I guess, warrants a new dedicated news site.

Thanks foir your info mateyh.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

ADX was brilliant when Dominique Mason owned it. Once D'Andre Newman completely took over in 2013 it started to go downhill...which wasn't a surprise IMO. 

• Upvote 1

FDEdev,

That, I believe, was before I became aware of AirDailyX news. As such, I thought Andre did quite a reasonable job. It has been only after Andre that the decline has been somewhat remarkable.

Regardless of who did what, who was up who and who was paying the rent, the end result appears to be the sad demise of AirDailyX. THAT is what is sad and ultimately regrettable.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

12 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

That, I believe, was before I became aware of AirDailyX news.

Me too.

The danger with FSElite is, it's rapidly expanding with new writer names coming up weekly, the new Airport directory being added and has to be maintained, extensive event visits and reports, and such. These are certainly good news for now, however, like with AirdailyX, such volunteer projects tend to become unmanagable at a point when growing too big, and may suddenly fall when the head looses interest and/or is absorbed by other commitments.

But for now, I like FSElite.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

9 minutes ago, pmb said:

The danger with FSElite is, it's rapidly expanding with new writer names coming up weekly, the new Airport directory being added and has to be maintained, extensive event visits and reports, and such. These are certainly good news for now, however, like with AirdailyX, such volunteer projects tend to become unmanagable at a point when growing too big, and may suddenly fall when the head looses interest and/or is absorbed by other commitments.

But for now, I like FSElite.

Kind regards, Michael

I think Callum (Martin) ? at FSElite is now a full-time employee, so there are some salaried guys which should give the site some baseline continuity.

But I agree, voluntary projects are never guaranteed of longevity.  Many times over voluntary commitments have been made by Youtube content creators and others.  Life always gets in the way, regardless of the good intent at the time of commitment.  Add the sometimes toxic aspect of the fligthsim community to that equation and it's little wonder why people lose the will to continue.  I think for anything to work well these days, it has to be run like a business

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

AirDailyX thrived as a news website because D'Andre was a very passionate flightsimmer - which showed in the way the news was presented. 

I beg to differ. AirdailyX was simply the most up-to-date flightsim news page at the time; that's why I visited it every day. However, I never really liked the page because D'Andre's opinions were quite disagreeable, to say it polite. FSElite has done a great job in building up their page. I do not always agree with their statements either, but I respect it because they are usually well thought-out and politely formulated. That matters a lot to me. 

Peter 

28 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

. However, I never really liked the page because D'Andre's opinions were quite disagreeable,

D'Andre was opinionated.  But..  his site, his opinions i guess.