Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Flysimware Falcon 50 is out - Get'm while they're hot.

Hi Folks,

Needed a little more fanfare - instead of buried in an old thread...

As per Mark:

3 hours ago, Flysimware said:
The Dassault Falcon 50 Beta 2.0 is available. If you not interested in a beta version please wait a couple of weeks for all major stores to have version 1.0 available.

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

5 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Looks like the FSW Store has the Falcon 50 for 50...

CONGRATS Mark - on a monumental effort - on what is probably your most complex aircraft to date - looking forward to trying this out...

https://www.flysimware.com/FLYSTORE_2015/en/home/40-flysimware-s-dassault-falcon-50.html

Regards,
Scott 

Scott,

I certainly agree with you that an a/c of this complexity is a huge task for a one person company which, I think, is why Mark decided to release a Beta version.  Feedback on the Beta will lead to quick updates if needed. Although Mark mentions the Falcon 50 will be available in the usual stores in a few weeks or so, I believe it is always best to buy directly from the developer since updates are then immediately available.

Al 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I dont want to sound negative and bash flightsimware, but I have to say, the quality of the VC seems to be sub par. The textures remind me of their learjet, I am not a developer and dont know the amount of work it takes to create anything in P3D, although I appreciate the hard work, I have to say the preview look FS9'ish to me, sorry but wanted to give my opinion, not looking to argue with anyone, just wanted to share my feelings on this release.

Regards,

John

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ark said:

Al 

Hi Al,

And as we've seen from Flysimware in the past - we can look forward to years of continued quality support and updates... If it's not there on day one - it will get there eventually...

30 minutes ago, 757FO said:

John

Hi John,

Yep - granted - Flysimware's textures aren't on par with Carenado - it's a given - no argument... All it takes is someone with a bit of talent - though - to improve the textures a bit - as was done over the life of the Lear...

If only we knew someone who knew their way around paint programs ?

:wink:

Someone in the community upgraded the Lear VC textures - then allowed Flysimware to include their fine work in an official update... Since the update - I'm quite happy with the VC quality in the Lear - it passes the immersion test for me... One of my absolute favorite aircraft of all time - and I've been doing this a while...

The beauty in Flysimware's products - based on my experience with the Lear - are the systems depth - things actually work as they should - attention to detail - how the model actually flies (FDE) - and the fabulous TSS sound pack... It's stood the test of time and is a complete hoot in my book...

Only time will tell...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

- I'm quite happy with the VC quality in the Lear - it passes the immersion test for me..

Although ‘immersion’ is obviously a very subjective thing, the Lear, even before the upgraded VC became available, passed the immersion test for me also. For this reason I have no hesitation in purchasing the Flysimware Falcon and even if it just gives me half the pleasurable flying hours I have had from the Lear then it will be good value for money!

Bill

• Like 1

AWESOME! Congrats to Mark! This is a huge step, and I'm so pleased you released now (beta and all)! 

"New Toy! New Toy! New Toy! New Toy! New Toy! New Toy! New Toy! New Toy! New Toy!"

I completely agree that the visuals on those screenshots don't look that great, in fact they look really rather bad, but then again it is a beta, but even if that's the way the final product will appear, it's not going to stop me buying it, because FSW's products have it where it counts, this being in the systems simulation and detail; I know visuals are not FSW's strong suit but I am more than prepared to accept that because of the many other strengths.

FSW's Cessna C441 Conquest II is a good  demonstration of that; there is a vastly prettier Carenado C441, but the FSW C441 is the one to have if you actually want a simulation of the aeroplane (and yes, I have both of those C441's). The same is true of the FSW Learjet 35A in comparison to other Lears out there, it's not the prettiest one, but it certainly is the one you want if you prefer realism.

The visuals of a flight sim add-on can easily be sorted out by some repainting, whereas a poorly-simulated add-on is never going to be able to be corrected by the end user.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Their Lear 35 is my aircraft of choice now. Looking forward to the Falcon with the extended range.I am buying this minute.

We are updating beta 2.1 in 30 minutes. This will have the 2 missing DLL's for the fuel system and the custom sounds. This fix is for P3D V4 users.

Hi everyone,

Can someone maybe upload some close ups of the VC? Judging from the 1 screen of the VC it's not looking bad to me. Seems better than the L35. I would love to see a higher resolution close up as I am tempted to buy.

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Carenado also is developing a Falcon 50.  We all know that the Carenado version will be prettier.  We also know, more likely than not, it will include the Carenado generic FMC.  The Carenado FMC often does not follow a flight plan, and offers only minimal features.  It is so bad, that most people replace it with the Flight One GTN 750.    We can count on numerous bugs in a Carenado plane.  We also know that we will get ONE update from Carenado, and then Carenado will forget about lit, leaving bugs unfixed.  Typically, the autopilot will not work correctly.  In fact, you can go to the Carenado support forums and read about all of the bugs and problems with their other jets.  Their reputation precedes them (and these comments are cming from people who like Acranado!)

Carenado usually does better with steam gauges.   Their Garmin 1000 has improved dramatically over the years, but still has its limitations. (Mostly, it seems that many waypoints are missing in its database.) However, Carenado has yet to develop a good FMC.  I would love to see Carenado develop one, and retrofit it to their earlier aircraft.

Now using a GTN 750 in a businesse jet like this is not as irritating has having to use one in a commercial jet like the Fokker 50 or the Saab 340.  Replacing the FMC with a GTN 750 really seems inappropriate in these commercial liners.  But not so much in a business jet.

I think your choice boils down to getting a very pretty Falcon 50 with crummy avionics or a less pretty Falcon 50 with good avionics.  (I don't own the Flightsimware Falcon 50 yet, so I am relying upon their reputation for delivering a quality product.)

I do want a Falcon 50 because Taylor Swift owns one (as well as a Falcon 7)  We can know fly our favorite pop star all around the world!

Could someone who has purchased the Flysimware Falcon 50 tell us about the avionics.  I guess you can add the GTN 750, but does it have an FMC, and if so, how does it work?  Given the choice of a Flysimware Falcon 50 with a GTN 750 at $50.00 or a Carenado Falcon 50 with a GTN 750 for an anticipated $40, I would probably go for the Carenado model.

I an still undecided whether I want to wait for the Flysimware version to be finished, or whether I want to wait for the Carenado version.

Edited by tjstreak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daedalus said:

Hi everyone,

Can someone maybe upload some close ups of the VC? Judging from the 1 screen of the VC it's not looking bad to me. Seems better than the L35. I would love to see a higher resolution close up as I am tempted to buy.

We have more images coming from a pro who makes good shots. Should be up within a day.

• Like 1