Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

Small Full ATX MB Case Recommendations?

I'm hoping someone out here could help me out.  I'm building a new flight sim PC.  To date, we have not had a family office PC, so the old one was going to be retired to the office.  It's currently in a larger mid-tower case and looks more like a gaming tower than family/public room appearance.  I'll be removing the overclock, as it's not needed at all for an office PC.  That means my Noctua cooler could stay or go if needed for a new case.  I am planning to keep my GTX 1070 card, so that'll need to fit.  The old build is a 4790k LGA 1150 socket. 

I'm hoping to find as small a case as possible to fit this stuff, and one that looks less gaming and more clean office PC.  I looked at swapping out to a Micro-ATX, but the LGA1150 isn't very available anymore and would be $100 just for a new board, plus new case. 

Anyone have suggestions for a small size case that would fit the full ATX board?

Eric Szczesniak

Have you looked at the Phanteks range? My Evolv TG was my first Phanteks case and I'm blown away with the quality.

They look like nice cases, but everything I'm seeing is 20+ inches tall.  That's what I'm looking to avoid. 

Eric Szczesniak

Have you looked at the cases with a horizontal motherboard. They are wider but not near as tall and may fit you needs. Just a quick google will find some for you. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

19 hours ago, ESzczesniak said:

They look like nice cases, but everything I'm seeing is 20+ inches tall.  That's what I'm looking to avoid. 

I'm another big fan of Phanteks cases. Have you looked at the Enthoo Pro M - http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro-M.html. It's only 19 inches high and supports a full ATX board.

Or the Eclipse range: http://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-Series.html. Only 18 inches high.

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

If you are building your own, I'm assuming that you would be interested in overclocking at some point, and if so airflow will probably be important to you. With a full atx board, it's tricky to find a small case with good airflow.  Two that can work for you are the Cooler Master HAF XB EVO ATX, or the Fractal design Meshify C. If you dont mind an open air design, in a dust free enviornment the Thermaltake Core P-3 on its side could also work.  

Edited by jalbino59

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

5 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

If you are building your own, I'm assuming that you would be interested in overclocking at some point, and if so airflow will probably be important to you. With a full atx board, it's tricky to find a small case with good airflow.  Two that can work for you are the Cooler Master HAF XB EVO ATX, or the Fractal design Meshify C. If you dont mind an open air design, in a dust free enviornment the Thermaltake Core P-3 on its side could also work.  

I will actually be removing an overclock and not planning on it ever again.  This is an old FS rig moving to a family office rig.  No need for the overclock.  Just trying to make it more aesthetic for the better half since it'll be outside of the man cave. 

Eric Szczesniak

5 hours ago, vortex681 said:

I'm another big fan of Phanteks cases. Have you looked at the Enthoo Pro M - http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro-M.html. It's only 19 inches high and supports a full ATX board.

Or the Eclipse range: http://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-Series.html. Only 18 inches high.

The Eclipse could do the trick.  They have a lot of cases, and I was struggling digging through to find the right one it seems. 

Eric Szczesniak