Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

this is weird installing flight simulator gold editionn

Running windows 10 home edition with flight simulator gold edition, and I have been flying for years.

This is what happened:  I installed the first 2 cd's got the main interface of fsx, choose a flight, what type plane etc, and was able to activate, I rebooted the computer installed Acceleration but was unable to activate got following error message: we're sorry unexpected error occurred which preventing product activation being completed error code 1-8000-4005.

Also when  we were installing after installing the first 2 cds never got icon for fsx on desktop even though product was activated, but was able to fly and setup fsx.  We installed fsx of course on separate drive my d drive and icon on desktop.

But it was installed in this folder called msdownld.temp and this is the problem.  The folder does not say fsx in d drive how do I fix this. Tried putting acceleration back in to do a repair but nothing happened. Its all about this file on D drive which fsx was installed.

Thus how do I fix this and then activate accleration

thanks, Ronny

So...everything in the folder msdownld.temp is actually FSX,  all of the file and folders that are suppose to be there?  Is the blue FSX.exe ICON in there and can you right-click it and send to desktop and create a shortcut?  If everything in the folder msdownld.temp looks correct, then try renaming it Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  Now try your Acceleration Disk again.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

put icon on desktop, did that,  renamed msdownld.temp to Microsoft Flight Simulator X, now I had 2 folders in D drive that were exactly the same,deleted the msdownld.temp folder put in Accleration cd and still could not  activate choices came up uninstall or repair chose repair and still could not activate.  Maybe have to do something in the registry ?

main question is how do I fix this error message that I get 1-8000-4005 when installing Accleration ?

thanks, Ronny 

Edited by rsperge

30 minutes ago, rsperge said:

main question is how do I fix this error message that I get 1-8000-4005 when installing Accleration ?

thanks, Ronny 

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)
2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-
E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.
5. Close Registry Editor
6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?312541-Flight-sim-boots-me-off&p=2055615#post2055615

Read post#10 by Jethrom.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You beat me to the punch went into registry checked on you tube  problem was that in PartMgr the p and m were not in caps everything else I left and was able to activate  thanks so much charliearon for your suppor Ronny

30 minutes ago, rsperge said:

You beat me to the punch went into registry checked on you tube  problem was that in PartMgr the p and m were not in caps everything else I left and was able to activate  thanks so much charliearon for your support Ronny

Glad you got it running, Ronny!:happy:

Charlie Aron